Husky 51/55 Carburetor mounting.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This is something that I concocted several years ago. To this day it has worked great. On my 51 Husky directly in front of the carburetor there is a plastic partition. The long screws go all the way past the carb and into another plastic piece. Well the plastic piece had two stripped screw holes. On this saw while replacing the gas line I discovered this. Well to make it simple I took two 1/4 inch pan head screws and drilled a bit around the plastic. The pan head screws fit easily through the plastic that I used super glue to keep them from turning, then up through the carburetor and into the outer piece that the air filter sets into. To sum it up, it works great. So if you happen to have a situation like this ,use your immigration. It worked for me, Ken20220121_183611[1].jpg20220121_183555_resized[1].jpg20220121_183555[1].jpg

This is something that I concocted several years ago. To this day it has worked great. On my 51 Husky directly in front of the carburetor there is a plastic partition. The long screws go all the way past the carb and into another plastic piece. Well the plastic piece had two stripped screw holes. On this saw while replacing the gas line I discovered this. Well to make it simple I took two 1/4 inch pan head screws and drilled a bit around the plastic. The pan head screws fit easily through the plastic that I used super glue to keep them from turning, then up through the carburetor and into the outer piece that the air filter sets into. To sum it up, it works great. So if you happen to have a situation like this ,use your immigration. It worked for me, KenView attachment 958302View attachment 958303View attachment 958304
thanks, I've run into several of these with shipped threads and had to wait and order new bulkheads. I like your idea!

would you happen to have a photo or two of the other end where the bolts go through the partition?
As per your request, no. With the partition being in place this totally blocks the view of the head of the pan head bolt. It is completely obscured buy the rubber boot. However this format has been working well.Ken

Nice idea. I hope the Super Glue holds up to all the fuel mixture that could be getting to it. I have not had much luck with that bond and it also tends to fail with some plastics, so it is somewhat unpredictable. However, it certainly is worth a try. Interesting that my 1999 Husqvarna 50 has a differently shaped partition, but that's often expected. It runs fine today after I restored it.

People have recommended using carburetor mounting studs and nuts from Stihl 021/023/025/MS210/MS230/MS250 series. Studs have ridges to prevent turning when tightening nuts.

Latest posts

Back