husky kicks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine all run good and have for years are the ones on your bench home depot grade?

Nope.. Just died, then neglected pro saws.. old... except for the 335's... Nothing from HD get to my bench - "my gabage can or yours?" usually does the trick (unless I want it for parts:hmm3grin2orange: ).

. Andy said that if I don't get the parts to him pronto, I'd find the saws at the bottom of Lake Tuck. Funny it's the 026 that I always thought would best be used as a boat anchor....:laugh:

Maybe so, but I'd need 10 026's to anchor as well as one 2100:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Best 70cc class saw ever IMO.

Well, I trusted you, and a few others on that one, hope it is right - anyway it is more saw than I really need (see latest additions).....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Ok, I'll get down to your level. 372: Almost a full pound heavier with .1 more hp, what up with dat?

Don't make me get the 460:bowdown: A little less weight but more power, 76.5cc too:monkey: .

It just doesn't work that way, in real life - the 440 and 460 are "old" 2 channel designs vs. 4 channel on the 372, and I am pretty sure that makes a lot of difference regarding the "power band"........

...the MS361 is also a 4 channel design, probably the first Stihl one.....

:givebeer: :givebeer: :popcorn: :ices_rofl:

...and the weight differense is less than halv a pound, for standard versions.....

Last edited:
It just doesn't work that way, in real life - the 440 and 460 are "old" 2 channel designs vs. 4 channel on the 372, and I am pretty sure that makes a lot of difference regarding the "power band"........

...the MS361 is also a 4 channel design, probably the first Stihl one.....

:givebeer: :givebeer: :popcorn: :ices_rofl:

4 channel port design, the 361 and 441 are I think. I wish I were closer to ya, I would love to run your 372 against my 440:biggrinbounce2:

I didn't say they don't kick:laugh: Hard for a saw to kick sitting in the shop:D I just don't think a 372 will blow my 440 away:buttkick:

Trust me (and my several years at AS and other saw forums) - the 372xp will kick the MS440 back into its box, reportedly.......:cheers:

..but I never used a 440 - so I haven't tried it myself.......

Last edited:
I didn't say they don't kick:laugh: Hard for a saw to kick sitting in the shop:D I just don't think a 372 will blow my 440 away:buttkick:
Really pro saws seem even to me what I base off
is time used and price o44 seems close to me. I have cut a whole lot of
wood with my 372 and still like new if don't have to buy new saw after
four years under me thats a statement as I use a saw.

Trust me (and my several years at AS and other saw forums) - the 372xp will kick the MS440 back into its box, reportedly.......:cheers:

I will have to ask the neighbor, who's son is a husky rep, if they have a 372. I'm still saying no for now:) We can have our opinions because we have never ran each others saws:chainsaw:

Really pro saws seem even to me what I base off
is time used and price o44 seems close to me. I have cut a whole lot of
wood with my 372 and still like new if don't have to buy new saw after
four years under me thats a statement as I use a saw.

Good statement, no hate on my end towards the 372:biggrinbounce2:

+1.

I also haven't run a 440, only J-red 2171 but I don't think there should be any particular problem for a 372/2171 so bury a 440 in chips. Or let's put it like this: To have more trees on the ground, limbed and bucked, after a days work. Time goes on, evolution exists, saws get better ...
Now the old 440 has been replaced by the 441 which seems to be a really nice saw. Stihl has prabablysucceeded better than Huskys 575 in the first strato saw.

Back