husky kicks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GTG cut times for 80cc under class. Here is 3 local gtg times I have on hand with times. Also have a 4th one, but didnt have saw types listed just times for my info. Enjoy comparing your saws.

80cc under
10" round poplar 2 cuts hotstart over wood
Gas saws 07

WJN7900 6.87
EHP7900 7.62
460 8.82
460 9.75

0-80cc 2006
Gas saws 10"x10" 2 cuts hotstart over wood

DC372 3.11
WJ372 3.31
WJN7900 4.13
GL044 5.12
046 6.06
FS365/372 7.53
048 13.29

0-80cc 10"x10" square cant very firm poplar
Gas saws

PP372 4.46
PP2171 4.62
N7900 4.80
Bone stock 7900 with 7T 5.56
046 5.81

How many of those saws are stock??:buttkick:

I would guess maybe only 2 saws were bone stock a 7900 and a 460 of all of the saws listed. All of the rest have been woods ported for working saws.

We are speaking about a stock 440 vs. a stock 372:bang: Nice times though. I would love to go to one of those events:rock:

We are speaking about a stock 440 vs. a stock 372:bang: Nice times though. I would love to go to one of those events:rock:

Well let me get out the sundial then. :rock:

All kidding aside to get a fair comparison, you will need both saws running same chain from saw to saw and cutting the same wood on the same end, wood will differ from one end to other in cutting times even on the same log.
Also both operators will need to run both saws back to back A run 440 and 372 and B run 372 and 440.
Operators can make a difference of at least 3 tenths per cut alone in one cut times. Being a homeowner only and not cutting wood everyday like the guys in the wood business, I have let a couple guys that run saws for a living, heavy firewood cutters and tree farmer run my saws for times and they out cut me every time by 2-3 tenths. So operators will reflect on cut times.
I Hope this helps you get a fair comparison someday.

Last edited:
Well let me get out the sundial then. :rock:

All kidding aside to get a fair comparison, you will need both saws running same chain from saw to saw and cutting the same wood on the same end, wood will differ from one end to other in cutting times even on the same log.
Also both operators will need to run both saws back to back A run 440 and 372 and B run 372 and 440.
Operators can make a difference of at least 3 tenths per cut alone in one cut times. Being a homeowner only and not cutting wood everyday like the guys in the wood business, I have let a couple guys that run saws for a living, heavy firewood cutters and tree farmer run my saws for times and they out cut me every time by 2-3 tenths. So operators will reflect on cut times.
I Hope this helps you get a fair comparison someday.

Good post!! I cut more in the winter than now, it's around 98 deg.F here and the humidty is very high. Cut some pines Monday and was soaked after a half hour of cutting, screw that!

Why don't you guys race the 440 and 372 in something other than tissue paper? Chain speed is the only thing that matters in that stuff you guys call wood. Try some 20" hickory, oak or hedge logs next time.

All I know is that my 441 will cut right with my 660 in 18-19" hickory. Both saws are totally stock. Will a 372 do that?

I would like to see a couple brand newbys race each other out of the box just to see where they run at. Maybe run 5 tanks through both of them, then race them on the same log, same chain, and same operator. I would bet the difference would be hundredths at most. I would even bet you could find more differences between the Monday and Friday saws than between the Stihls and Huskies.
I know that these are older models but from a racing point of view, I think you are going to see more 7900's popping up in the next few years unless both Stihl and Husky come up with some better models than the new batch. You may not think so but 30+ years ago the game was played with homeys and macs, both of them also dropped the ball on the 5 cubes.

Some people say "So what, whats racing have to do with anything?" But allot of the racer's have day jobs to feed their nasty racing habits. So when they are buying 5 saws for their crew, they are also thinking about next years race saw.

Ive got Huskies and I've got Stihls,both damn good saws,hell I even have a cple ancient Macs,and use some lil echos limbing and climbing(cmon don't break my balls now,lol) comes down to a good saw is a good saw,if it starts runs cuts and you can depend on it when you need it thats what matters :cheers:

Just don't hand me one of those neon green wildthingys though...... unless I need a wheelchock for my chipper or something:chainsawguy:

I know guys, in ideal conditions they would be very close. I just like to stir up some fun. It's been boring around here lately:spam:

Try some 20" hickory, oak or hedge logs next time.

All I know is that my 441 will cut right with my 660 in 18-19" hickory. Both saws are totally stock. Will a 372 do that?

Tells me something is wrong with the 660 if the 441 is cutting with it. :laugh:
The stock 441 cant run with a stock 7900. From a thread and post by a Modded 441 owner stated his modded 441 ran with a stock 7900 only after a woods port work was done on the 441.

I ran my 7900 in 16"-28" black oak hard as **** with 32" full chisel skip and cut it into 3"-6" cookies for steps and landscaping and then blocked the rest.
Heck my Poulan 3750 60cc ran a 22" full chisel full comp buried in the same oak, I will admit it was all it could take in the cut with bar buried.

So anytime I will run in big wood 20"-30" 1 cut or a dozen cuts for fun in oak, hickory or whatever against your 441 or 460, You can use a 460 if you like, (ran a stock one not impressed with it either) . But I will be bringing the best saw in the 70cc-79cc class. 7900. ;) I will run a stock 7900, not even the modded one :D .
I know of a woods ported 359 that was being used for firewood cutting that ate the 441's lunch for days on end cutting firewood day in day out last winter. Running back to back by same user.

Just to show I am not biased on saw brands. I own 3 stihls 361,066,084, and only 1 husky 357 (but want another), Alot of Partners and Poulans.
I just think the 70cc-79cc class is lacking with stihls offerings of 440,441,460.

There gave the pot a good stirring :ices_rofl: .

Last edited:
I never have run the 7900 but know it is the faster saw in that class. Now going back to the stock saws, a properly ported 359 will beat a stock 441. If that same 441 is also ported, somebody didn't know what they were doing...:cheers:

Read slowly 2000. :help:

The M O D D E D 4 4 1 was going against a S T O C K 7 9 0 0.

The S T O C K 4 4 1 was being ran against a M O D D E D 3 5 9.

4 different saws by 2 different people. ;)

Why don't you guys race the 440 and 372 in something other than tissue paper? Chain speed is the only thing that matters in that stuff you guys call wood. Try some 20" hickory, oak or hedge logs next time.

You on crack?

What do you think about the 357xp vs. ms361?

Close your eyes and pick up either saw and there isnt any difference to me in feel or balance.
I have never ran a stock 357, but own a muffler modded stock 361 and modded 357. Have ran modded 361's and 357. Both great saws in the class.
Either would serve well imo. Each has things I dont like about them. 357 handle angle is wrong for me and side chain adjuster stinks. 361 the cheap azz plastic feeling top handle feels like the handle on a poulan wild thing and air filter set up i would prefer to 2 piece air filter like on other saws.
Saws with 16" b+c and filled mix and bar oils, and the amounts held in each is the same.
357361weightsinrealworlduse.jpg

CopyofPartnerproject012.jpg

CopyofPartnerproject015.jpg

Last edited:
Hey cut!!! Have you been using the ported Huskys to keep up with your buddies stock Stihls? A woods ported saw looks the same on the outside....trying to figure you out. I have seen your type before:biggrinbounce2:

Yes Ben and according to you a 372 will outcut a 460 too. Wait I forgets, your 372 will outcut your friends 460. Sure it will. Funny the 046 I ran ate a 372 for lunch. You sure your 372 isn't a 772 or something, twin cylinder maybe. See the lite from that candle now, hold it closer,LOL
Why is this a supprise? A 460 is very close to 440 and a 372 will outcut a 440 pretty easily....

Latest posts

Back