Husky pro saws on sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read about a lot of crankshaft seal issues with husky is whats making me afraid of them. I have a 2511 echo which i love, and a 362 stihl. I think the 261 or 550xp are too close to the 362. I wish stihl made a good 40 cc saw.
Crazy thing was the saw had the knocking sound out of the box, and the leaf blower started knocking within 3 weeks or so.

Husqvarana is complete junk. Stick with Stihl or Echo. I've had a Husqvarna saw that developed a knocking sound and a Husqvarna leaf blower that also had a knocking sound.
I’ve got both. Their pro saws are really good. Matter of fact I just used my 572 today. I’m not a brand snob.

Attachments

• IMG_6128.jpeg
    IMG_6128.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Have Stihl MS250, cuts way above its weight. Have Husky 440XTorq, between the two would go with that Stihl. Just use it for what it’s designed to do. Have Stihl 051AV, great saw w/36” bar. Bought 592XP x/28” bar before Christmas, amazing! Plenty of pro videos out there where the 592s prove their mettle. Hope no issues, but time will tell.

Have Stihl MS250, cuts way above its weight. Have Husky 440XTorq, between the two would go with that Stihl. Just use it for what it’s designed to do. Have Stihl 051AV, great saw w/36” bar. Bought 592XP x/28” bar before Christmas, amazing! Plenty of pro videos out there where the 592s prove their mettle. Hope no issues, but time will tell.
I agree the 250 isn't a bad saw, i have one that's 25 plus years old. It hasn't ran good the last few years, some days it does and others it doesn't, im done messing with it. If I was going to replace it I'd go with the 261 but feel it's too close to the 362. I have a 500i for the bigger stuff. I'm wanting something light 9 or 10 pounds easy for limbing and the 15 year old grandson could use.

The saw was the 3120xp, their biggest pro saw. The leaf blower was a backpack blower. Both of them thankfully were accepted for return.
If Husqvarna works for you, by all means keep using it. I was just saying that in my experience, I think they are junk.
The Husky back pack blowers are made by Redmax and are tough as nails. Certainly better than anything Stihl makes reliability wise.

You don't know what the heck your talking about.

I'll take a look at the 550 but I have a Stihl 362 which is only a half pound heavier. I'm leaning towards something lighter like the 540 or 543. As I get older I look for the lightest saw to do the job.
The 543xp isn't available right now, grab a redmax gz4350 same saw just not orange. It's the newer version of my gz4000, great saws. Light and lots of power for small bar work.

The saw was the 3120xp, their biggest pro saw. The leaf blower was a backpack blower. Both of them thankfully were accepted for return.
If Husqvarna works for you, by all means keep using it. I was just saying that in my experience, I think they are junk.
A saw and a blower both having bearing issues right out of the box.... bs. You got buyers remorse when your wife found out you blew money you didn't have.

The 543xp isn't available right now, grab a redmax gz4350 same saw just not orange. It's the newer version of my gz4000, great saws. Light and lots of power for small bar work.
I found that out, my nearest redmax dealer is hour and half away. I picked up the 540xp mk3 so far pretty happy and impressed with that little saw.

I found that out, my nearest redmax dealer is hour and half away. I picked up the 540xp mk3 so far pretty happy and impressed with that little saw.
I would have had one shipped, haven't had a redmax dealer around here in years never been an issue for me. Let us know your thoughts after you have it for a while. (The 540xp)

A saw and a blower both having bearing issues right out of the box.... bs. You got buyers remorse when your wife found out you blew money you didn't have.
Not true. I didn't return them because I ran out of money. I would have kept them had they run properly. They were purchased a couple years apart.
Unless Husqvarna saws naturally make a different, more "knocking" type sound than I'm used to, than something was really wrong with it. The leaf blower developed a knocking sound within a few weeks. Possible that a tiny piece of gravel or something got in by the fan blade, but have never had the same problem with my Echo leaf blowers. Like I've said before, keep using Husqvarana if you like it and works for you. Maybe I got two bad apples out of the hundreds of thousands of products they make. But since those are the only Husqvarna products I've bought, I don't see myself buying them again. Husqvarna uses some Chinese-made parts (albeit Echo and Stihl do as well), so maybe quality has gone down hill a bit in recent years, but it probably has with all the brands. Also customer support with Husqvarna is not good in my experience. I realize that there are just as many people that will use Stihl or Echo and hate those brands for quality or warranty/customer service issues. So find a brand that works well for you and stick with it. In my experience, I've had decent success with Stihl and Echo. Never had to rebuild or replace an engine. Echo's tophandles seem a bit more fragile than Stihl's, but the CS590 has been overall super-reliable.

Parts are incredibly hard to find for Husqvarna these last couple years. Many months of waiting and nothing comes in. I wouldn’t own one personally.
I'd speak specifically to your little corner of the world, haven't had any issues getting parts, nor has my dealer indicated they are having issues getting parts. Matter of fact I just got a few new cylinders for the discontinued 543xp. Zero issues.

Latest posts

Back