• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husky screw alternatives

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have an alternatives for replacement screws on 365/372 recoil attachment/fasteners?
Omg is husky proud of those...anywhere from $3 to $6 a piece.
$24 for 4 screws seems to warrent a "post"
503 20 43-19 is the PN I found so far
I think i have a bunch.

I'll check after work and let you know. How many do you need?

I see your "chooch" on your profile and brings back memories, that was a nickname for me when I was a kid growing up back east.
HS Football thing..I was a fullback and we all know that's a donkey's life...coach was Italian as well. It was funny to watch the team "stare" at him while he yelled at me in Italian and I'd respond...

I see your "chooch" on your profile and brings back memories, that was a nickname for me when I was a kid growing up back east.

HS Football thing..I was a fullback and we all know that's a donkey's life...coach was Italian as well. It was funny to watch the team "stare" at him while he yelled at me in Italian and I'd respond...
I know how it goes my whole family is from upstate New York Ha!

I looked at a 372 last night and those screws do have a weird head design but either a socket head or hex/slot combo would be fine.

Wholly **** Batman, wow!

I need a set myself for a builder saw going on my mill.
Time to go hit up the junkyard soon for auto parts and now maybe some chainsaw screws 😐
I hope your scrap yards are better there than here. In my area they refuse to sell anything out of the yard. A good portion goes in and is gone. If you bring in process (under 3 feet) they load it direct onto waiting semi's. If it needs to be ground it is loaded on the grinder and dumped into a waiting semi.

I hope your scrap yards are better there than here. In my area they refuse to sell anything out of the yard. A good portion goes in and is gone. If you bring in process (under 3 feet) they load it direct onto waiting semi's. If it needs to be ground it is loaded on the grinder and dumped into a waiting semi.
I get dumpsters delivered and picked up for free. Used to work for Friendship Auto Parts and junk yard. Ran the nut cracker car crusher as teenager and they treat me pretty damn good there, always did, unlike U-pull-it. The family now owns Redlion Metals and oddly enough I still know everyone there. The yard on New Rd still has some goodies back to the early fifties, not much left of the pickins now, but if you know right where to look and can swing a wrench or two possibly blue you'll do just fine most times.

Still a few other quality yards around with plenty of old trucks like Meyers down on Chew Rd. Great family owned place there also. We got plenty of good yards all around the pine barrens perimeter. Screws are easy at the RL precious metals pile. Might even happen across some stainless steel ones. Have to make a thread count and screw length bolt list before hand. Don't really care much about the head type. Need to get some track rail extensions, steel plate and some aluminum box pieces while I'm there and see what's new in there stash for small tools, outboard motors and forklift bits.

Camden is a quick turnover heading to the shredders then down the DWR water front and loaded as frag on ships heading east. There is almost nothing in any alloy stock I can find within an hours travel from my home.

That reminds me I need some 5/16 or 8-9mm hex brass or aluminum stock. Cooked up a new filter system for Stihl HD oval types from 044-088 style. Double the flow to make it go!

What is so special about them that you cannot use a standard 5/6mm socket head bolt
I’ve started buying all my metric fine thread bolts & screws from our local hardware store bolt bins. Less than 1/4 the price and I haven’t had any problems with them.

I’ve started buying all my metric fine thread bolts & screws from our local hardware store bolt bins. Less than 1/4 the price and I haven’t had any problems with them.
I get it. The shoulder on this screw makes it tough to replicate or find. Husky has many different heads too. I prefer stihls T27 and done.

I get it. The shoulder on this screw makes it tough to replicate or find. Husky has many different heads too. I prefer stihls T27 and done.
I guess I will need to go pull one off and see as I am not sure what you mean. Not saying you are wrong I just need to take a peek.

I’ve used ones that aren’t an exact head match - if you’re concerned about consistency, just replace all the recoil screws with the same type from the store. As an example - my 2100cd recoil probably took M5 head screws, but a good match was a M3 with the same thread pitch. I just picked up 3 of the new ones for $1.50 and they’re all the same now. I know that some of the huskies have the screw partially threaded, with a smooth surface towards the head of the screw - I could care less if it had threads the whole way or just part of the way, as long as it held everything in place.

If you’re an all-oem type of person, by all means pay $4 - $6 per screw…

I’ve used ones that aren’t an exact head match - if you’re concerned about consistency, just replace all the recoil screws with the same type from the store. As an example - my 2100cd recoil probably took M5 head screws, but a good match was a M3 with the same thread pitch. I just picked up 3 of the new ones for $1.50 and they’re all the same now. I know that some of the huskies have the screw partially threaded, with a smooth surface towards the head of the screw - I could care less if it had threads the whole way or just part of the way, as long as it held everything in place.

If you’re an all-oem type of person, by all means pay $4 - $6 per screw…
Every Husqvarna screw that's M5 x 0.8 is a M4 head, and Husky 2100 recoil screws are threaded all the way up.

Back