Husky tool-less chain tensioning models: other branded bars won't fit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucero

Rnnngg Rnnnnngggggggg
Reaction score
I know, I know, tool-less chain tensioner are not needed and for the lazy - who can't undo a nut and turn a blade screw driver, blah blah.

However!

Fact of the matter is; I have one on a smaller camping saw of mine and have just replaced the bar with an Oregon upgrade. The mount fits fine, but the auto tensioning lug sits too low to slow into the bar. Has anyone else found this? I've had to take the lug out all together which makes things a pain.

Not ideal!

Some smaller Husky saws use the Oregon 041 mount often called the Poulan mount. It has the adjuster hole a bit closer to the slot and uses the unused adjuster for the oil input as compared to the 095 Oregon mount or small husky mount that has a dedicated oil hole and adjuster hole a bit farther from the slot. Hopefully I did not get it backwards. I would think both kinds could be obtained with Husqvarna lettering, or Oregon for that matter.

This may or may not be what you have found. If this is the case a file can modify the adjuster hole and the oiling needs investigated.

I have no experience with that saw but have fitted the wrong bar onto a saw before. I put a poulan bar on a 4600 Chinese saw it takes a small husky mount bar, it had a wore out Oregon 3/8 lp bar on it so you can get one that fits but I wanted to make the one I had fit.
If it goes over the bar studs, drill new holes for the chain adjuster and oiler, its not that hard.
It sounds like you could get away with filing out the hole that's close but not lining up, that would be pretty easy.

I could have got a picture of the lower one with Husqvarna lettering but would have had to remove from a saw.bar.mounts.095.041.jpg

There are combination mounts and seems some fitment listings are a bit off. In some cases either will work, in some cases the clutch cover for the 095 one does not plug off the oil escape routes, in some cases the 095 oil hole needs a bit of lowering, etc.....

Tool less Husky chain adjusters seem not common on here.

Back