husky vs stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, I went to bed early last night and missed all the fun.

Guys, I just hate to see this relationship on the rocks. It seems that the trust meter is reading might low here.

How about if Sap places his $300 in an escrow account? Then if the saw checks out, the funds can be released to Thall. If he doesn't want it, then he must ship it back to Thall in the same condition he received it in order to get his $300 back. After all, we have to protect Thall here as well as Sap.

Wouldn't be fair to have that saw come back to Virginia with a big CRACK in it!!!!!

spike60 said:
Gee, I went to bed early last night and missed all the fun.

Guys, I just hate to see this relationship on the rocks. It seems that the trust meter is reading might low here.

How about if Sap places his $300 in an escrow account? Then if the saw checks out, the funds can be released to Thall. If he doesn't want it, then he must ship it back to Thall in the same condition he received it in order to get his $300 back. After all, we have to protect Thall here as well as Sap.

Wouldn't be fair to have that saw come back to Virginia with a big CRACK in it!!!!!
There it is right there. Take it or leave it. When/if the saw checks out then we see about any kind of 'statement'. Absent that....forgetaboutit.

I'm sorry but, while you homies may trust Thall, I don't know him from Adam.

Even worse, he's the guy who from the get-go said in an email he was going to 'help me' with my 390 problem.....and his 'help' entirely consisted of him telling me his distributor said they were not in my area (duh!) so he couldn't do anything (duh!)...followed by turning on me for an offhand statement regarding a free saw for my trouble. Yeah...you know...in hindsight I see no reason why I shouldn't 'trust' Thall. LOL! (!cough! NOT!!!! !cough!)

I think y'all ought to pitch in and buy Sap a saddle and a good blanket. He don't like being rode bareback. If you want to keep ridin' him you gots to take better care of him. Now don't be usin' spurs on him either you hear. He's a good ole boy just a little opinionated that's all.

Danny

coveredinsap said:
There it is right there. Take it or leave it. When/if the saw checks out then we see about any kind of 'statement'. Absent that....forgetaboutit.

I'm sorry but, while you homies may trust Thall, I don't know him from Adam.

Even worse, he's the guy who from the get-go said in an email he was going to 'help me' with my 390 problem.....and his 'help' entirely consisted of him telling me his distributor said they were not in my area (duh!) so he couldn't do anything (duh!)...followed by turning on me for an offhand statement regarding a free saw for my trouble. Yeah...you know...in hindsight I see no reason why I shouldn't 'trust' Thall. LOL! (!cough! NOT!!!! !cough!)

Sap are you really trying to say you dont trust THALL..

coveredinsap said:
You really should lay off the liquor, dude.

Thanks SAP for the great advice .. I'll try that right away..Now if I can only find the cap for da bottle..Wait I need to finish the bottle to add to my bottle collection.. Next to my saw collection and my tractor collection..

Last edited:
04ultra said:
Thanks SAP for the great advice .. I'll try that right away..Now if I can only find the cap for da bottle..Wait I need to finish the bottle to add to my bottle collection.. Next to my saw collection and my tractor collection..

Yeah, drinking in moderation is for pussies. My advice would be to get all liquored up and then go operate those chainsaws and tractors.

coveredinsap said:

That wasn't the deal as I recall reading it. What's the big deal on the "statement" - you obviously enjoy the "online chainsaw jello wrestling" or you just wouldn't type "www.arboristsite.com" into your browser each day!

coveredinsap said:
Yeah, drinking in moderation is for pussies. My advice would be to get all liquored up and then go operate those chainsaws and tractors.

More stupid advice from the Dr.of BS..

BTW sappy are you going to make the deal or what?? For that kind of money I'll buy it for my new shelf.. :laugh: :laugh:

Lakeside53 said:
Hey Thall - Have you noticed that Sappy's getting a bit snippy? Chocolates or roses are in order, or maybe a nice card. Stihatit probably has a card up his sleeve right now:cheers:

Yup yup but no fear, I've come to console my frend.

coveredinsap said:
You heard what I said. Send the saw, and if it checks out, I'll pay you the $300 + shipping....then we'll see about the statement. If you don't like those terms, then that's your tough luck, not mine.
To tell you the truth, I don't put it past you that you'd sabotage the saw in some way anyways...so why should I go out on a limb here? I'm not in any dire need of the saw right now, so I see no need to jump thru hoops for it. Give it to your homeboys.

Hello Sap, how ya doing ole buddy. Now fore we get to yaking whats with the "you heard what I said stuff"? Thats no way to be talking to ya bested frend. Now looking at ya post there seems your trying to twist things around abit, shall we say 100% in your favor. Deal was you just say you enjoy this stuff we do on the site over you and the saw is yours for 300.00. Thats all the statement you gotta make. Not asking you to swollow or take it up the butt but merely admit you enjoy all this attention we give you. I read ya other posts too and it do seem you expect me to trust you but you don't trust me, now what is that? Who's to say you get the saw and never send me my mu la, see Sap its gotta work both ways, not just your way or the highway. They got streets named after non-sense like that called ONE WAY. I see too you still claim I attacked ya after I tried to help ya with ya cracked 390 a while back. I merely repeated what you told me in a e-mail about how if you got a free saw you'd be fine. Thats not a attack, those were your own words, not mine. You also posted you sent me your E-mail a day or so ago and I've yet to see it so whats up with that ole buddy. Send it again. The address I gave you is correct and many on here can vouch for that. Now ya see Sap I'm being gentle with ya here cause I know you think we been riding ya hard and maybe so but if ya just admit you like it we will all cease to pester ya. Now the ball is in your court ole buddy so spill the beans, get a good used 3120 for 300.00 and all will quiet down. Whatcha say. Also as for your notion that I would doctor the saw for whatever reason is non-sense. Unlike what you may think I got no bones toward ya ole feller, I sorta like ya, you my frend. I only tease and torment ya cause I know you like it and as soon as you admit I'll quit it. By the way I got in a Poulan Farm Hand the other day. Nice saw. Runs but needs some work. Lady bought a new Stihl and told me to keep it or pitch it. Would be a good project saw Sap. Yours for free whether ya make the statement or not. If you want it just say so and its yours.

attachment.php

Sap THALL offered it to me first but you can have it if you want it.

Mr. said:
In an off topic.........

Nobody "looks down" on you for being a nonpro user with a nonpro saw.

I am a nonpro user with pro saw and noone looks up to me.

Fred

Now that's funny....

Jeez, I don't check in for a bit and look at what I miss.

Sap, If'n I was you I'd man up and fling that 3 bills toward Thall and see what happens.

300 over your life won't mean crap compared to growing a set of nuggets....

Lakeside53 said:
If you're "lucky", the wind will take the top off and plant it nicely! Looks like you'll be in the money on this one. If you have 19 footer left over, I need to make that beam for my barn..
Gotta love a good thread derail, so here goes. We finished the job yesterday.

Well, after spending 12 hours all alone at 98 feet, the 372 was so hungry that it had the tree top cut before I could get the camera started. Here's a video of Ian dropping a 57 foot top. It was a tad gusty and it sailed ever so close to the cedar stick. Would not have been a good thing had it hit it, with the house 8 feet on the other side. The last 3 feet bent sideways as it brushed the fence.... We lost 4 feet off the butt due to nails and sweep, but still got a clear 910 bf butt log, and maybe another 850 bf in the three top sections. We lost 50 bf when I miscalculated the total length as Ian cut a 23 foot stick. and had to have him buck off 5 feet to get it to 66 feet. ( He could have cut a 28 footer) We craned all but the butt of the cedar, which I thought was needed to allow the big fir log to be yarded around it with the self loader, so as not to hit the house. Too bad, as it split when I dropped it...I know we'll still get $ for it but less for sure. The four trees may have scaled out at 4200 bf gross....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2671708962784596849

Too bad you weren't on the job, bareback sap, then it mighta gone right....

fishhuntcutwood said:
Yeah Thall, ya hear that? Sap's good on saws for now...he's got the 455 to mill and fall timber with. Why on earth would he want a 3120? That's just foolish.

A guy like sap (or even sap) could use to it just annoy the crap out of his neighbor - the same one that drives sap to AS every time he starts his blower.

I figure sap "knows" the skill required to handle a 3120 is way way beyond his capabilities... so saying he doesn't trust Thall is just another pathetic excuse to avoid reality.

Last edited:
Thanks but no thanks....I'll have to pass on your 3120. My offer was for a limited time only, and durned if the time ain't r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Sell the saw to someone else, give it to your homies, or just plain sit on it...I really don't care.

coveredinsap said:
Thanks but no thanks....I'll have to pass on your 3120. My offer was for a limited time only, and durned if the time ain't r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Sell the saw to someone else, give it to your homies, or just plain sit on it...I really don't care.

Now Sap your going to break THALL's heart..Is this love or what..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back