• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy husqvarna 181/281/288 crankcase pto side

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi i have an older model 288xp with crush damage am in need of a PTO side crankcase, chainbreak, and handle as well as top cover.

If anyone has the crank case/cases please let me know or an entire parts saw

thanks

KILO

Sure I would be willing to sell the cases with the crank still in them if that works for you I could some of the small bits myself. $100.00 plus shipping

ok well do you have any pictures and how much of the saw do you have and are willing to part with?

could you ship to kelowna bc canada?

Yeah I have shipped to Canada before. I have the tank and cases are complete with a piston and cylinder, cylinder is missing a lot of fins, 181 used a different carb then the 281/288, linkage is different, I don't have any pics on my phone but the cases are very solid, no breaks, or stripped holes that i know of

ok well snap a photo if you could when ya get a chance. Ive looked up the part numbers and the 181 cases match the 288 so im assuming its interchange able although i am not sure about the crank etc... i am fairly new to this world of dead saw salvage, picked it up as a new hobby seems calming in a world gone madd!

anyways i appreciate the help

Sure, I believe the early 181s had a different flywheel side seal was the only difference on the cases, I have rebuilt probably 20 of the 181/281/288. I figured I don't need the crank and cases, I typically just need small parts to complete builds. That's the pic I have on my phone of it, starter cover is junk. Top cover went on another saw I had.IMG-20190116-WA0004.jpeg

Latest posts

Back