Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw Good Buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i would like something with at least an 18inch bar that way i can cut just about anything i want... im sure i wont me cutting any monster trees mainly just small 10 to 14inch diameter i would say... and il probly be cutting maybe 2 to 3 cords a year

Be patient. We're heading that way. You saw Troll's last post right? The groundwork is being laid. Give it an hour or two and somebody will suggest a Makita 6401, followed by an MS441, Dolmar 7900, 395XP, or MS660...:laugh:

I guess so, it just is inevitable! ;)

He surely needs a MS660, at least!

Gonna be hard to find a saw that will pull an 18" with ease new for $250.00.
A used 029/290 Stihl would be a good fit.
Most of the refurbs will be smaller than you are looking for.
A good low hour Dolmar 510 might be had for that money.
A Husky 55, 350 or 353 would work well for you also and are better quality than the Stihls above.
Some of the older Homies, Macs and Poulans in real good shape would be worth looking into.

Mike

I just added a husky 445 with a 18 inch bar its a referb for $178 shipped from ***************** just google coupons for them and theres one for 10% off so it came to 178 and free shipping. and its not to bad of a saw.

Well, for starters, there are no "all around good" saws, and 35-40cc isn't enough for general firewood cutting. A few smallish trees is another story.....

If the 16" bar you mentioned really is needed, you need a 50cc saw.

you says 16" bar would need 50cc this 445 husky that guy listed its running a 18" bar 45.7cc not good??

i have also came across a few husky 455 under 250 bucks... nobody has metioned them not so good??

you says 16" bar would need 50cc this 445 husky that guy listed its running a 18" bar 45.7cc not good??

a decent 45cc saw will pull an 18 .325 just fine for the casual cutter, you wont break any speed records, but itll work fine. of course it will be faster with a 16...but not much, and who cares anyway if all youre doing is cutting a couple cords of wood each year

well i would like something with at least an 18inch bar that way i can cut just about anything i want... im sure i wont me cutting any monster trees mainly just small 10 to 14inch diameter i would say... and il probly be cutting maybe 2 to 3 cords a year

For cutting that kind of wood, a 16" bar on a 40-50cc saw such as a Husky 435 or 445 will be fine. For cutting "just about anything you want".................well then you get into the more expensive saws, and this thread will get big fast...:hmm3grin2orange:

I guess so, it just is inevitable! ;)

He surely needs a MS660, at least!

At the least. Should probably just go with an MS880 and be done with it!:D

Gonna be hard to find a saw that will pull an 18" with ease new for $250.00.
A used 029/290 Stihl would be a good fit.
Most of the refurbs will be smaller than you are looking for.
A good low hour Dolmar 510 might be had for that money.
A Husky 55, 350 or 353 would work well for you also and are better quality than the Stihls above.
Some of the older Homies, Macs and Poulans in real good shape would be worth looking into.

Mike

All good points Mike. Heck, an old Homelite Super XL-AO, a McCulloch 10-10, or a Poulan 306 would certainly pull an 18" bar and do fine for cutting 2-3 cords of 10-14" diameter hardwood. Works for me, but then I'm a bit eccentric....:givebeer:

You "can" run about any bar on any saw, the question is what really works in wood - an 18" on a cheap 45cc saw surely will not run good - but if your expectations are low enough, it may fit anyway.....

Here is the code you type in if you decide to get one. Code "vwsave10" I like my 445 i just cut up a pretty big maple tree no problem. I got 2 cords of wood out of it. Seems to be a nice saw. But i consider myself a chainsaw hobbiest im no pro i just cut a few cords a year for camping.

My buddy just bought a 235 for cutting firewood needless to say its on the bench again. I wouldnt buy a 235

so buying the 445 isnt going to be like buying a cheap peice of crap that breaks all the time and isnt dependable is it?? i went to the farm store today and i seen a few sithls under 250 two were under 200 the ms170 and the next size up but there alot small motors than the 445

I have the ms 280 ez start with a 16 inch bar and it runs like a raped ape when going thru 10inch and under wood. but if i was on a budget i would get the 445 its a runner also.

Here is the code you type in if you decide to get one. Code "vwsave10" I like my 445 i just cut up a pretty big maple tree no problem. I got 2 cords of wood out of it. Seems to be a nice saw. But i consider myself a chainsaw hobbiest im no pro i just cut a few cords a year for camping.

My buddy just bought a 235 for cutting firewood needless to say its on the bench again. I wouldnt buy a 235

is that your saw for sale or what?? is there more than one?

Latest posts

Back