Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw Good Buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im thinking perdy hard on that 445...

im not sure if anyone asked you yet but, what saws have you previously run or owned?
that would be a good way to get a gauge of how happy you might be with a certain saw

example: if the only saws you have run are a poulan wild thing and a 38cc craftsman from sears, then a husky 445 will be a step up, definitely, youd be happy

is that your saw for sale or what?? is there more than one?

No its a company vminovations that sells them for $197 and this is a code for 10% off that makes it $178 shipped to your door. I just bought one from them.

im not sure if anyone asked you yet but, what saws have you previously run or owned?
that would be a good way to get a gauge of how happy you might be with a certain saw

example: if the only saws you have run are a poulan wild thing and a 38cc craftsman from sears, then a husky 445 will be a step up, definitely, youd be happy

bout the only saws ive ran would be little vintage homelites... and recently to cut down some small 6inch pine trees in my yard it was a smaller sithl dont remember the model be nothing killer

Somebody said someone would say it, so I'll say it. For your budget, try to find a Home Depot ex-rental Makita 6401 for sale. Mine was at the first HD I called and was $205. It's the most bang for your buck if you can find one, and a fine firewood saw.

i got an email today from a guy that has a few saws for sale i havnt seen them yet so idk what shape there in yet but this is what he sent me ....

I got an older stihl 031 w/ 16 inch bar. Runs good, very reliable. Its older tho but its made good, not plastic like the newer saws. I would let it go for 120. I might have a good 028 with a 16 inch bar, i will have to look and see, they are a little newer but still have magnesium cases like the older and professional grade saws. Probly late 80's. It would run closer to 150 price range.

anyone have any thoughts on these?

cant say anything about the ol 031, never touched one

i do have a 028 wb , prob mid to late 80's model and the thing is a tank, i would take it over my buddies husky 455 rancher in a heart beat, its a few cc's smaller, but definitely torquer ,cuts better and is much better built .. but remeber they are OLD, thats about the only bad thing, their age, and their weight

Both the 028 and the 031 are great old saws and between the two of them have probably cut a MILLION of cords of firewood.
My concern would be that many of the parts are NLA from the dealers and must be found used or "new old stock".
NOS parts usually command premium prices WHEN you can find them.
Those saws would be great for backup saws and are priced in the normal range for a good specimen.
I would have some concerns about using one for my main saw if my only source of heat was wood (which it is) and especially if I worked public work (which I do).
If you are an occasional cutter, and it doesn't create a hardship if you go to the woods and your saw quits, go for it.

Mike

well i contacted him and he said the 028 runs and cuts good, i guess he works on them for a living and he said hes just had to put a cord on this one. it has good compression and the 031 needs work before he could sell it.

he said is was a 028av wood boss i cant find any pictures of it on the net, this is the one he sent me on my phone

The Husky 235 is at the lower end of saws produced and come in one color, orange. If you are going to do minimal cutting with a saw, just around the house clean up trim work, this may be the saw you need. If you are heating with wood and need something with some snort, upgrade to the 445, 455 or 460. If you have some mechanical skills and don't mind working on your own equipment, buy some used saws, there are plenty out there.

Jerry

Somebody said someone would say it, so I'll say it. For your budget, try to find a Home Depot ex-rental Makita 6401 for sale. Mine was at the first HD I called and was $205. It's the most bang for your buck if you can find one, and a fine firewood saw.

lol the ones im seeing on the net lowest being like 500 bucks!

The pic you just posted is of the 031 not the 028. I would think that there would be more parts available for the 028 than the 031. Someone back me up on this. I have an 032 and have had a hard time finding an air filter of all things for it, and I believe it is a little newer model than the 031.

just went to a local stihl dealership here a couple months back.. they had the fuel line, impulse line, and main rubber intake boot all in stock for my 028 wood boss, under $30.
picked mine up off guy on craigslist last year, had a brand new stihl .325 bar and chain on it and pulls it fine. i like it

I was all set to get a 445 off of ebay, it looks like a great saw and when I asked the same question to all these gentlemen they all had positive responses. The only reason I didn't get the husky is I landed the 026 for free. I still would love to get the 445 but i don't think my wife will let me. As for the 028 Im sure if it was running great it would be nice but do you know what its life was like before you were to own it? That is the chance you take when you get a old saw. I have never bought a new or refurbished saw and I can tell you some older saws run like champs and others run like champs in between long periods of "repair time". If your prior sawing was with a lil stihl and some old homies i think you'll be blown away by the 445. But hey thats just my opinion GOOD LUCK -Matt

Back