Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw Good Buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:agree2: And leave the muffler alone, unless someone comes up with exactly what to do on that saw. It is a "strato" saw, so it may not respond well to a traditional muffler mod.

What he said. Very wise man indeed!

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2:

It's hard to get light in there for a good picture. Very simple and effective. The original hole is less than half that size.

100_0997.jpg

100_0994.jpg

100_0992.jpg

and to all the naysayers :buttkick:

semantics and i'm pretty sure the benefits to any modern saw have been shown :deadhorse:

semantics and i'm pretty sure the benefits to any modern saw have been shown :deadhorse:

Just tell me where benefits on the 445 has been shown then?

I am not saying that there is none (I believe there is), just that the evidence is absent!

hey wampler run it stock for a while untill you get used to it, then if you want to open her up a lil you can. Good Luck I think your gonna love your saw. Listen now that you bought ONE what is your next one gonna be? You know you can't stop at one. -Matt:chainsawguy:

now that im waiting on the 445 to come.... what is the best bar oil, fuel oil mix, and what ratio to run in it to make it last the longest...a guy i know rides old 2 stroke racing atvs and always runs bel ray oil with his fuel and just runs it in the can saw to..good idea?? i mean it is a great addtive but for a chainsaw??

hey wampler run it stock for a while untill you get used to it, then if you want to open her up a lil you can. Good Luck I think your gonna love your saw. Listen now that you bought ONE what is your next one gonna be? You know you can't stop at one. -Matt:chainsawguy:

ooo i know im already thinking bout that lol

now that im waiting on the 445 to come.... what is the best bar oil, fuel oil mix, and what ratio to run in it to make it last the longest...a guy i know rides old 2 stroke racing atvs and always runs bel ray oil with his fuel and just runs it in the can saw to..good idea?? i mean it is a great addtive but for a chainsaw??

The mix should be 50:1, with a good fully synth mix oil - the best fuel is the Aspen alkylate fuel, but it is likely not availiable where you are.

Regarding bar oil I prefer Husky Veg-Oil, but any oil that is labelled as bar oil probably will do. Ordinary engine oil will not, and used engine oil will ruin the saw, because of the debris in it!

you are opening a huge can of worms with these questions! lol
brand loyalty will be at play here..

the "best" bar oil, is the cheapest actual bar oil, i would say, not that "super tech" junk from walmart, that #### cost almost $10 a gallon and all it is a motor /tranny oil, no tacifiers, you want BAR OIL with tacifiers in it, then again, thats a can of worms and someone will probably tell me to go #### myself and use used motor oil.. u can run a search on that one, its a mess of a subject

for premix i use stihl ultra @ ~42:1 - again, this is another subject that can be argued for 100 pages

as far as running the same premix in your 2stroke dirtbikes/quads, i wouldnt do it.. a member her went into specifics with me at one point as too why certain 2 stroke oils you might use in a dirtbike wont work as well in a small air cooled chain saw, im sure someone else could give you a better reason as why not to, the main reason i dont is because i run 32:1 in the quad and use klotz supertechniplate which is 20% castor oil, and over all has a much higher flash point than something like stihl ultra

Using more oil than 50:1 means that the engine will run leaner with the same carb setting, and there will be additional pollution both to the user and the environment in general. Also, there are no gains from doing so, even on 40 years old saws! It doesn't really matter what ratio they were rated at back then, if you use a good fully synth oil. The higher oil ratios speced were because the oil was not as good as the modern synth ones are, not because the saws needed more lubrication.

Then there is the gas - but lack of oil will not be the "killer", if anything bad happens.

Last edited:
and there will be additional pollution both to the user and the environment in general.

you sound like a tree hugger?
treehug3.gif

Using more oil than 50:1 means that the engine will run leaner with the same carb setting,
of course, i understand that there is less fuel in 1 gallon of 40:1mix than in 1 gallon of 50:1 mix...if the saw has been run and tuned using40:1.. then what you are saying has no bearing unless the saw was tuned running 50:1, then switched to 40:1 .. in whcih case how much of a difference could it really make.?

Last edited:
husky xp 50:1 oil. I wouldnt use atv oil in it as i know someone who tried it in there stihl and it didnt run so well it just wouldnt idle.

Use the manufacturer's recommended ratio and oil. Which is 50:1, that way they can't d*** you around if something happens to the saw and you need warranty work. ;)

of course, i understand that there is less fuel in 1 gallon of 40:1mix than in 1 gallon of 50:1 mix...if the saw has been run and tuned using40:1.. then what you are saying has no bearing unless the saw was tuned running 50:1, then switched to 40:1 .. in whcih case how much of a difference could it really make.?

It's a noticable difference, especaly with these modern saws that run leaner than the old ones did. If you tune your saw for 50/1 mix and then run 40/1 mix it it I bet you can easily tell the difference, and will need to retune...

Latest posts

Back