Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw Good Buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
445 carburetor adjustment tool

It is probably same as the one used on my 435 on the splined H & L
fuel mix adjustments, think p.n. is 530035560 or improvise. If you open
up muffler, probably needs tuning for more fuel.

i will probly just leave the exhuast alone for a bit to see what it does...another question i have is if i have something bit to cut can i put a bigger bar on it and be ok.. i know it wouldnt be very powerfull but could you

445, 18" bar a little big anyway

The homeowner/ landowner saws are already maxed out on bar length.
I use a 42 cc Poulan Pro 260 sometimes on some small wood, but don't try
to make it do something it was not made for, just asking for problems.

i will probly just leave the exhuast alone for a bit to see what it does...another question i have is if i have something bit to cut can i put a bigger bar on it and be ok.. i know it wouldnt be very powerfull but could you

its more of a question of if the oiler can put out enough oil to oil a longer bar and chain than it is a question weather the motor will "pull" the bar and chain
sure it will move the chain around say a 20" bar, itll be slow as hell and bog even easier.. but i doubt the pump will have the power to put enough oil out that its getting the whole bar and chain
i wouldnt go any longer than 18" on that saw.. of course 16" on that saw would be ideal.. some on here will even say 14"

When you get a saw

Keep the chain sharp, run good fuel/oil mix, keep the air cleaner clean,
clean the crud from starter housing & bar & chain; If it still doesn't run
right, investigate or ask on AS.

Keep the chain sharp, run good fuel/oil mix, keep the air cleaner clean,
clean the crud from starter housing & bar & chain; If it still doesn't run
right, investigate or ask on AS.

Great advice, the first is the most important. A sharp 16inch bar will out cut a dull 20inch bar all day. My 026 is only 16inches and I only grab one of the bigger saws when absoulotley necessary. You will soon get CAD anyway and buy a bigger saw and then wont need to worry about putting a bigger bar on the 445. Be safe and enjoy your new toy. -Matt

i was just wondering...ill probly end up geting a 16" to put on so she really runs good... should i buy a certian kind of bar and ive seen different chains and sizes whats the "best"

"Best" will depend on what it comes with, and your cutting conditions and ability.
It will probably be a 3/8ths low profile or a .325.
Many of the 3/8ths LP chains are very fast even though they don't come in a full chisel square grind.
Some of the "safety" chains cut remarkably well now days too.
Most of the semi chisel chains are somewhat slower than full chisel but you might need a stopwatch to really tell the difference.

My advice would be to run what comes with it for a while. Learn how to sharpen a chain really well and go cut with people who have more experience.
You can learn by watching them and what they use.
Bars, chains, rim sprockets, file guides and the like can run into a lot of $$$ quick.
No need to spend a lot of money to find out something doesn't work well for you if you can run someone elses saw, or use their sharpening guide to learn the same thing.

You will be wanting a bigger saw before Valentines day any way so no use in dumping a lot of $$$ in this one all at one time.

Mike

Just click the link and enter the code and you will have a certified refubished husquvarna 445 with warranty at your door in 3 days and you will be very happy.

I looked a didnt even relize its coming out of nebraska...i order it last night at like 5 and its supose to be here tomarrow friday!!

I live in ohio and they shipped mine very fast also. Now its time to cut some wood :chainsawguy:

i got mine out of the box and it was COVERED in oil... emailed them and they messaged back fast with an offer to keep it the way it is and give me a 20 dollar refund...soo 158 bucks for the 445 shiped free!

well had it started once and came back to it awhile later and tried again and now i cant get it to go so idk if i flooded it or what but my prime button goes in but wnt pop back out......:blob2:

well had it started once and came back to it awhile later and tried again and now i cant get it to go so idk if i flooded it or what but my prime button goes in but wnt pop back out......:blob2:

"Refurbished" saws are saws that has been sold before and returned - there may or may not have been an issue with them. I guess that some times the ones checking them over don't find the real problem....

If that bulb isn't returning to the "back out" state, there is a vacuum problem in the fuel system.

Try to open the fuel cap, and observe what happens with the bulb.

Last edited:
Try to open the fuel cap, and observe what happens with the bulb.[/QUOTE]

done tried that and no luck........

wow got ta tinkerin with it and its got return from the carb to the tank and it waz pinchd off not letting it flow threw...phew that almost ruined my day lol

Latest posts

Back