Husqvarna 261 valuation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CascadeHusky

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thoughts on a minty 261's value?

I bought a very nice one a while back(very good condition, perfect piston(except of course the dish) with a bunch of extras for $200.

I'm eyeing another, supposedly it has just sit in a garage with minimal use and is perfect. I don't need it, I haven't even put the Meteor 262 piston in my current saw yet. What do you guys think is a solid price?

:popcorn2:

IMHO, there's no way a well-tuned PM850 would ever be any lower than #2 on your list .... trailing only a well-tuned 262!

The 850 isn't well tuned. Its heavy, ugly, flys through gas, doesn't idle well, leaks oil and vibrates your hands like crazy. It easily makes as much noise as two 272s, which aren't quiet. It also doesn't spin up very fast.

It is also awesome. That much noise and torque are fun. And now you've made me hijack my own thread.

Just a clarification... I already have one 261 that is in very good shape, and am thinking of buying a mint one.

How much would you guys pay for the mint, if you wanted one?

Back