Husqvarna 262xp not starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BonScott46

BonScott46

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Took it apart checked the carb, metering lever is even with the carb body. I am assuming that it is supposed to be that way on an HDA-87? Carb was full of gas when I took off the covers. Coil wire shows no signs of pinching, on/off wire either. Sparks everytime I give it a good pull and hold it up against the cylinder. The muffler had lots of gas in it still even after dumping a lot out of it this morning when I held the saw vertically. Probably still a bit in the case that I will have to get out tomorrow.

BonScott46

BonScott46

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
So it has pop. Still can't figure out how the pump side gasket and diaphrams go together. Has someone here done a 87 before? On the metering side it goes carb body paper gasket diaphram cover. On the pump there is a rubber and a paper gasket. I had it together carb, diaphram rubber gasket cover but I am wondering if the paper gasket should be in there against the carb then the diaphram then the rubber gasket?

Mattyo

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
. AS Supporting Member.
HDA-87-1_WW_1.gif

BonScott46

BonScott46

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Paper gasket is on the left. I had the cover, rubber gasket, diaphram and then carb before because that is the way it was when I took it apart but I want to be sure this is correct and that the previous person did not make a mistake.

Attachments

• DSC02384.JPG
    DSC02384.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 7