husqvarna 266se bar stud ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
I've been given a saw to look at and fettle for a local farmer who said the saw has sentimental value as it was his granddads so i said i'd have a look at it for him and get it into some kind of reliable order, so far I've changed all of the av mounts, carb kit, fuel line, and cleaned up the piston and fitted a new caber ring. the only real problem i have before me is a stripped bar stud. my question is do these just knock through with a pin punch and hammer or do the cases need splitting? i'm not intending to charge the lad for the work as i'm hoping to get permission to do a bit of shooting on his land, target practice etc in return ?

c d

You punch them back in the oil tank. Then you can install new thru the oil tank cap. Use sewing thread wrapped around stud threads and guide it thru hole. Note the orientation of stud head so it properly seat in the case (make an orientation mark on the threaded part of the stud). Once you are sure its oriented right, you pull it with a stud nut.

Attachments

• Capturej.PNG
    Capturej.PNG
    513.2 KB · Views: 7
You punch them back in the oil tank. Then you can install new thru the oil tank cap. Use sewing thread wrapped around stud threads and guide it thru hole. Note the orientation of stud head so it properly seat in the case (make an orientation mark on the threaded part of the stud). Once you are sure its oriented right, you pull it with a stud nut.
thanks for that mojo i just didn't want to bray away at it and damage anything considering its sentimental value etc without seeking council first ;o) its very much appreciated bud.

Latest posts

Back