• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold HUSQVARNA 288 LOT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghost49

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
10 Husqvarna 288 LOT
New crank bearings, new seals, new or rebuilt oil pump, worm gear, new nikasil plated cylinder & piston with new compression release, new carburetor-some rebuilt, new air filter, new top cover, new chain brake, new mounts, new starter cover or original rebuilt, new ported muffler, new 7 tooth sprocket, clutch hub bearing and dust seal.
$3250 + Shipping
Saws have never been started after rebuild
Additional Pictures Upon Request

View attachment 640504

How about piston pics, compression readings, and a video of each saw running, and a detailed list of which parts have been replaced by AM parts on each saw? Not a bad price for ten 288’s as long as everything checks out...

It a great price. Wait by your conputer for the pictures and video!

10 Husqvarna 288 LOT
New crank bearings, new seals, new or rebuilt oil pump, worm gear, new nikasil plated cylinder & piston with new compression release, new carburetor-some rebuilt, new air filter, new top cover, new chain brake, new mounts, new starter cover or original rebuilt, new ported muffler, new 7 tooth sprocket, clutch hub bearing and dust seal.
$3250 + Shipping
Additional Pictures Upon Request

View attachment 640504
Welcome to AS ghost.
Where are you located at as that could make a huge difference for shipping.
GLWS,
Brett

Oem No! Available parts at a reasonable price Yes.
Like I said, it would be nice to know which parts have been replaced with what, as some AM parts just aren’t the same quality as OEM... for example, it may be a great price for ten 288s with OEM P&Cs, but maybe not if all the top ends are all AM... some things like clutch covers or top covers won’t matter as much.

It a great price. Wait by your computer for the pictures and video!

Like I said, it would be nice to know which parts have been replaced with what, as some AM parts just aren’t the same quality as OEM... for example, it may be a great price for ten 288s with OEM P&Cs, but maybe not if all the top ends are all AM... some things like clutch covers or top covers won’t matter as much.
Agreed.
Even those things :rolleyes: make a big difference to some even if functionally they are fine(sure that's why you said "that much"). I for one do what I can not to support that market when possible.

Agreed.
Even those things :rolleyes: make a big difference to some even if functionally they are fine(sure that's why you said "that much"). I for one do what I can not to support that market when possible.

I agree Brett.
I think the OP may be better off selling them individually. I'm thinking 400$ea with the aftermarket parts. 325+ shipping and handling don't leave much room for profit. But I could be wrong. GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree Brett.
I think the OP may be better off selling them individually. I'm thinking 400$ea with the aftermarket parts. 325+ shipping and handling don't leave much room for profit. But I could be wrong. GLWS.
There's a lot of unknowns that need to be brought to the table, as is they are a "lot" of husky 288's with some new parts that have not been running since they've had parts replaced :rolleyes:, that's about all we know. Did they get pressure/vac tested, did any run right before the work, did they all get P&C's, who knows o_O.
It could be a great deal for someone, but more info is needed, I'm sure the guys who want it would be sending PM's for more info on them, meanwhile we are just talking :hi:.

There's a lot of unknowns that need to be brought to the table, as is they are a "lot" of husky 288's with some new parts that have not been running since they've had parts replaced :rolleyes:, that's about all we know. Did they get pressure/vac tested, did any run right before the work, did they all get P&C's, who knows o_O.
It could be a great deal for someone, but more info is needed, I'm sure the guys who want it would be sending PM's for more info on them, meanwhile we are just talking :hi:.
And no pictures of their bottoms.:)

Latest posts

Back