• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 288xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet saw and nice price. I surely do hate to see a nice Lite starter on the wrong saw. I would love to trade present or future owner for a correct starter cover. This Lite cover is nicer than the one that came with my bought new saw... I guess that I must have used it some...

Sweet saw and nice price. I surely do hate to see a nice Lite starter on the wrong saw. I would love to trade present or future owner for a correct starter cover. This Lite cover is nicer than the one that came with my bought new saw... I guess that I must have used it some...
If I end up with it (hoping someone buys it before I can) I'm sure we can work something out. I'm about an hour south of Atlanta.

If I end up with it (hoping someone buys it before I can) I'm sure we can work something out. I'm about an hour south of Atlanta.
Cool. Thanks. I'm an hour west of Atlanta.

Wow... 11 am ET and this saw seems to still be available. This is becoming very difficult for me. I'm going to be in and out the rest of he day. If it's still here when I get home tonight I may not have any resistance left. o_O

The stickers (regular 288 and 288 lite) for the starter cover are still available new from Husqvarna and there's no inherent difference in the starter itself so I wouldn't see the starter as being an issue.

Sounds like you're gonna need to pull the case halves apart and install the new case gasket and update case bolts. I've done three so far.
That's the plan for the spring, unless I either commandeer the basement for winter chainsaw activities or decide to send it somewhere in TN. ;)

The stickers (regular 288 and 288 lite) for the starter cover are still available new from Husqvarna and there's no inherent difference in the starter itself so I wouldn't see the starter as being an issue.
Really? My local dealer says NLA. They are however no longer a Husqy dealer. The online sources that I can search also state NLA. I would love one for the NOS starter cover I have.

Congrats on the sale komatsuvarna. The new owner will be very happy when they get into wood with that saw..

Back