Husqvarna 345 lean running. Need help!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
These problems never happen on my own saws!!!! Husky 345 I agreed to rebuild for a guy. Topend was scored, put in a Chinese piston and cylinder, new crank bearings and seals, fuel line, impulse line, fuel filter, spark plug. I also molded the intake clamp to accept a steel worm clamp. Tried a new Chinese carb as well as the original, they both act the same. I can get it to fire on choke but I have to keep on and off the choke to keep it running. No amount of turning the screws out seems to help.
I have done a pressure and vac test and it passes both with flying colors (it should, everyrhingnis new at this point lol)
I'm getting frustrated and this guy wants his saw back.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Problem with the boot between carb and cylinder is my guess

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I got it figured out, both the carb i bought and the carb that came on the saw have and extra port presumably for a purge bulb which this saw doesn't have. Apparently that port needs to be plugged. Runs fine now. Its the simplest **** sometimes lol.

I got it figured out, both the carb i bought and the carb that came on the saw have and extra port presumably for a purge bulb which this saw doesn't have. Apparently that port needs to be plugged. Runs fine now. Its the simplest **** sometimes lol.

I think those had the HDA 195 carb and it had 1 port, no purge bulb.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

This saw already had a Chinese carb in it with no markings when it came to me so I have no idea what it should have been lol.
You guys already know more about it than me.
I do know it runs great with that purge port plugged off.

Back