Husqvarna 350 Chainsaw Coil Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delano1981

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recenty bought a used Husqvarna 350 chainsaw and have a question about the coil. On my saw the coil doesn't seem to have the right radius to match the radius of the flywheel. When the bottom contact gap is set right the top contact is quite far from the magnets. I can't get both contacts to a proper gap because it looks like the radius doesn't match very well. Does anyone know if this is normal for this saw?
Thanks

I recenty bought a used Husqvarna 350 chainsaw and have a question about the coil. On my saw the coil doesn't seem to have the right radius to match the radius of the flywheel. When the bottom contact gap is set right the top contact is quite far from the magnets. I can't get both contacts to a proper gap because it looks like the radius doesn't match very well. Does anyone know if this is normal for this saw?
Thanks
Yes it is. Gap bottom and middle posts.

Thanks Duce. The saw was having trouble staying running when the throttle was let off from full open. It would stall every time. I found that the problem was the black wire from the coil had been pinched between the starter cover and housing at some point and was nearly severed. It was carrying just enough spark to idle but any load would stall it. I fixed the wire and it appears to have fixed it but I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet in wood. I did gap it the way you described so thank you for the help.

Back