Husqvarna 350 Repair Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vernon Tull

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I haven’t posted here in several years, so I know that you fellows don’t know me. Allow me to humbly admit my status: purely homeowner saw work (storm cleanup & firewood), non-professional, far more amateur than most of you. I’m also not much of a saw mechanic, but I do take care of my equipment and it usually lasts a long time.

Among my saws I have a Husqvarna 350 that’s been a good saw for six or seven years, but this past weekend it developed a problem: when I re-fuel, the fuel runs out of the tank housing about as fast as I can pour it in.

Is this a common problem on the 350’s? Is it more expensive to repair this than the saw is worth?

Good chance you need a new fuel tank vent. The plugs either deteriorate and leak or simply fall out, especially after prolonged exposure to ethanol laced fuel. That part is inexpensive and easy to replace.

If it's not that, you may have a fuel tank problem which can be quite a bit more pricey.

Likely the tank vent. I would eliminate hoses not attached or cracked as sources of the leak. Then locate the tank vent by looking bw the rear handle and crankcase on the right rear side of the saw. I use a pair of needle-nose plierst twisted side-ways to spread the them apart. Use a screwdriver to seat the vent. If it still leaks find some gasoline resistant liquid gasket maker and put a small bead around it and re-insert it. Be careful to use a small amount and not to clog the nipple inside the tank. These vents also leak when the tank is full and the fuel cap is screwed on. The pressure on the fuel pushes fuel out around the vent.

Yep. It's going to be the fuel tank vent. Thanks, gentlemen, for pointing me in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back