• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 357 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well guys- I just got done with a full rebuild on this 357- It has new OEM: bearings, seals, gaskets, fuel system, air filter, muffler, top cover, throttle rod, clutch, clutch drum, sprocket, sprocket bearing, guide plate, oiler output hose, metal-clamp intake, dual dawgs, and a 455/460 clutch cover (because that chain tensioner is far superior than the stock 357/359 tensioner.) The piston is a new Meteor and the piston ring, wrist pin, wrist pin bearing, and clips are new OEM. Appearance is excellent but the case has ID numbers engraved into it from the mom + pop tree service that I got this unit from.

This would be a good unit to send to a builder- the crank and jug are in excellent condition. I'm looking to sell this PHO but a bar and chain combo can possible be worked out if needed. I'm asking $400 plus shipping PHO.

Nice looking saw, and interesting about the tensioner/clutch cover swap. I always fight the tensioner on mine

Yeah, the 455/460 cover has the tensioner in it, so it takes the tensioner out of the case. It becomes and identical set-up to the 372 which I think is far superior. Plus, the 455/460 cover has more room for chips.

I was looking at my cousins 460 the other day and had that same thought for my 346. They weren't side by side so I was not sure if it would work. I'm guessing no, but have to ask, would this work on the 346XP or is the clutch diameter/physical size of the cover different??

-AJ

Just tried my 455 rancher clutch cover on my 350 ... it does appear to fit. BUT... you have to take the chain tensioner out of the 350 which is behind the backing plate for the clutch ...which means removing the clutch. I did not do this, but I did "try it a bit" and the covers are strikingly similar. I think switching over to the 455 covers is a neato idea. ...much easier adjustment. nice saw, hope someone picks this up soon.

Latest posts

Back