Husqvarna 357XP Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you enjoy your 357!

Lemme know how it runs when you get it broken in... My only question is, 3/8 or .325 pitch chain and how long a bar?

IchWarriorMkII said:
I hope you enjoy your 357!

Lemme know how it runs when you get it broken in... My only question is, 3/8 or .325 pitch chain and how long a bar?

3/8 pitch, I worked my 026 hard for years with a 20"(.325RS), before finding this site and getting getting 16" Carlton/GB titanium from Baileys. It is happy now!
Debating 18" or 20" now for the 357. 18more fun, 20 more practical spread from the 16" on the 026? :cheers:

bwalker said:
If it where I I would set it up with 3/8 chain and a 18" bar although a 20" would work well.
If your set on .325 i would use Stihl RS chain as there is no equal in .325 chain.
At least we can agree on that...;)

I picked up a 357XP last December and used it for logging all last winter in 30"+ white pine and this past summer for firewood. It has a 20" bar and 3/8 inch chain. The saw has performed very well and the only time I'm looking for a little more power is when falling and bucking the big ones other than that it is an excellent saw and I would recommend it.

Stihl025, I have not done any mods to mine because I sell my saws off as demos every year. I take 3 saws a year off the shelf as demos to let customers test and cut my own fire wood with. Usually a 353, 357XP, and 372XP. The downfall is I rarely get to run a well broken in saw. The 357 seems to respond well to muffler mods. I have not had the pleasure of personally running one but have had very good reports from users who have.

I've got a jred 2156c which I guess is = to husky 357. I run a 24 inch bar with .325 stihl rc chain just to be different. But it also keeps me running pretty close to my brother who has a jred 2171 with 28 inch bar. He admitted even he was a little suprised how well it kept up. We both have OWB so we end up cutting a lot of junk wood. Thinking of replacing cat muffler with non cat or maybe doing a mod any suggestions from you guys that own a 2156 and have done it?

i have a 357xp and i love it.

they seem cold natured until they are broken in.mine starts fine now and it's friggin cold .i'd rather run my 357xp than my partners 372xp.

i'm running a 20" bar with a 3/8 stilhl RSC chain.talk about a smooth setup.i haven't had it struggle in any wood yet.

Back