Husqvarna 357XP Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pablo26

Pablo26

ArboristSite Guru
IchWarriorMkII said:
I hope you enjoy your 357!

Lemme know how it runs when you get it broken in... My only question is, 3/8 or .325 pitch chain and how long a bar?

3/8 pitch, I worked my 026 hard for years with a 20"(.325RS), before finding this site and getting getting 16" Carlton/GB titanium from Baileys. It is happy now!
Debating 18" or 20" now for the 357. 18more fun, 20 more practical spread from the 16" on the 026? :cheers:

bradstr

bradstr

ArboristSite Lurker
I picked up a 357XP last December and used it for logging all last winter in 30"+ white pine and this past summer for firewood. It has a 20" bar and 3/8 inch chain. The saw has performed very well and the only time I'm looking for a little more power is when falling and bucking the big ones other than that it is an excellent saw and I would recommend it.

Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks

ArboristSite Operative
Stihl025, I have not done any mods to mine because I sell my saws off as demos every year. I take 3 saws a year off the shelf as demos to let customers test and cut my own fire wood with. Usually a 353, 357XP, and 372XP. The downfall is I rarely get to run a well broken in saw. The 357 seems to respond well to muffler mods. I have not had the pleasure of personally running one but have had very good reports from users who have.

HEAVY FUEL

HEAVY FUEL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Grantsburg, WI, Gateway to the swamps of Minnesota
I've got a jred 2156c which I guess is = to husky 357. I run a 24 inch bar with .325 stihl rc chain just to be different. But it also keeps me running pretty close to my brother who has a jred 2171 with 28 inch bar. He admitted even he was a little suprised how well it kept up. We both have OWB so we end up cutting a lot of junk wood. Thinking of replacing cat muffler with non cat or maybe doing a mod any suggestions from you guys that own a 2156 and have done it?

hornett22

hornett22

Addicted to ArboristSite
i have a 357xp and i love it.

they seem cold natured until they are broken in.mine starts fine now and it's friggin cold .i'd rather run my 357xp than my partners 372xp.

i'm running a 20" bar with a 3/8 stilhl RSC chain.talk about a smooth setup.i haven't had it struggle in any wood yet.

Latest posts