Husqvarna 359 Etech (2008 model year) With HDA 198A carb difference compared to 199A?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romad10

Recon Observe Mark And Destroy
Reaction score
Hey guys... got a 2008 model year 359 Etech here.. has a 198A carb on it. Do these 198A carbs have the same potential issues (accelerator pump) that the 199A has?

if it does, I am going to swap with a zama carb.. thx in advance folks!

I'm about to do a 199. I haven't watched the treemonkey vid. I've rebuilt a carb or two, are the additional mods difficult enough to make buying the Zama a slam dunk?

Ive seen video as well. Just don't trust the carbs. Saw is going about 800 miles from here and the guy has no ability other than to start it. Not able to work on it. Other guys in the area saw "shops" are useless... Plenty of mouth breathers out there..

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ive seen video as well. Just don't trust the carbs. Saw is going about 800 miles from here and the guy has no ability other than to start it. Not able to work on it. Other guys in the area saw "shops" are useless... Plenty of mouth breathers out there..

Does it require a different boot or anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nothing new required. Just new zama carb. If you have the old plastic cylinder to carb boot that has plastic catch you will want to upgrade the boot. The new boot uses a stainless clamp. Much better setup.

Walbro is the better carb. I use the 191, 198 & 199 without any issues. I'm pretty sure the 191 & 198 do not have the accelerator pump, or issues, but once the 199 is 'fixed' it is very reliable.

Latest posts

Back