Husqvarna 365 vs. 365 SPECIAL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, a "special" has the closed port cyl. but a regular 365 could have either.

An old post, but by now I am convinced it is true - there surely were some open port 365s, but most have been closed port, but with narrow transfers to keep the power well below the xp saws (371/372).

An old post, but by now I am convinced it is true - there surely were some open port 365s, but most have been closed port, but with narrow transfers to keep the power well below the xp saws (371/372).

Fired my new 372 xp X-torq up today, not much low end power. And cant see where it is any stronger than 65 special..Maybe after break-in it will do better. 372 bogs down , you have to have chain moving before contact with the log???

Digging up a old thread . What year model did they change to the walbro carb on the 365 special? 2003 model which would it be?

That also is a bit unclear, and may have varied between different markets - but likely it has a Walbro, if it is an EPA version sold in the US.

Well, this thread has a gray beard but interesting info as I am considering a 365 Special. Sounds like a decent saw so if it is in good condition, may bite the bullet. It would be downsizing from a Jonsered 2172 which I am sending down the road. I was trying to cull all the Husky stuff out of my line up but...

My dealer told me the 365 was open port and the special was closed port design like the 359. He said he found out by putting the piston from one in the other and the saw didn't run well. Some cutters I know that use both saws said the special feels stronger.

the original 365 and the special used the same piston

My 365 Special 01 model had open ports, Zama C3M It is a little hesistant on throttle till warm. I can set it richer on low speed jet to avoid this but then it is a bit smoldery when hot. I changed over to a 372 jug and piston and everything else is the same. The 365 transfers are a bit crude looking compared to the streamlined closed ports on the 372. No question which is cheaper to make. The 365 is a nice working saw, lots of torque but it wont wind out the way the 372 does. From the differnt parts combos it sounds like they used whichever parts they had the most of that day.

all 01 365 specials had a closed port top end with walbro carb. yours would have been frankensawed or you got the year wrong.

365 special carb

Digging up a old thread . What year model did they change to the walbro carb on the 365 special? 2003 model which would it be?

early 1999

Last edited:
Hi guys. Thanks for this. Yes, I did some serious excavation to find this post on "365 special". It proves the forums are still relavent even though many are going to FB. So, 2020 specs list the 365 as a 70 cc saw. Has something changed?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hi guys. Thanks for this. Yes, I did some serious excavation to find this post on "365 special". It proves the forums are still relavent even though many are going to FB. So, 2020 specs list the 365 as a 70 cc saw. Has something changed?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
For anyone wondering, the 2020 365 is an xtorq, which has the same cylinder as the 372 xtorq, but with restrictors in the transfer covers that do not allow it to flow quite as much mix as the 372.

Back