Husqvarna 372 XT unlimited coil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdntbone303

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Would the higher RPM of the unlimited coil hurt anything in these X-Torqs? These saws do have a heavier piston then the OE 372 models and I was thinking it wouldn’t be a good idea in the long term

Not too much as long as you run a sharp chain and don't do lots of piss revving.
You will loose a little power as the timing advance seems to be more aggressive in the limited coils. But the limit coils will start to advance timing at a lower rpm, which can cause idle fluctuations if you set the idle too high.

Thanks for the comparison. While you were at it did you grind out those transfer limiters on the 365? They looked to have about even cutting times?

Same bar and chain.
The 365 does have the base gasket set at .020 and a muffler mod, but a standard low top and the smaller air filter.

Same bar and chain.
The 365 does have the base gasket set at .020 and a muffler mod, but a standard low top and the smaller air filter.

That thing cuts like a 55 . What’s wrong with this picture

Welcome.
Yes the transfer covers are ground out on the 365.
The 365 is a 10% or so faster.
Dude use the blue coil. All these posts about how much better the black coils are are hogwash. The blue coils were engineered to make the saws more reliable. All this crap about bouncing the crank off the limiters doing harm this is hogwash as well. Better to worry about that flat file on the drags. That’s where the crank abuse is sustained.

Dude use the blue coil. All these posts about how much better the black coils are are hogwash. The blue coils were engineered to make the saws more reliable. All this crap about bouncing the crank off the limiters doing harm this is hogwash as well. Better to worry about that flat file on the drags. That’s where the crank abuse is sustained.
In addition, the blue coils limiter will never ever be a limitation to the saws rpm capability unless the saw is revved continuously out of the wood.

In addition, the blue coils limiter will never ever be a limitation to the saws rpm capability unless the saw is revved continuously out of the wood.
And as far as tuning is concerned, turn the hi screw left until the saw bogs then back right until it first starts to clear up. Go another 1/4 turn and start cutting. Lean it out gradually over time. Time as in a yak or two of gas. Turn the hi needle 1/8 turn at a time but do not think it’s gonna keep getting better because at the point you think that the saw is at its limit. 1/2 turn from first sign of clearing up should be when you start to worry about going to lean

That’s my 2 cents for whatever it’s worth. And forgive my bluntness but I hate to see anyone throw away money when times are like they are. You’re probably young as well. Maybe you aren’t hurting for money but a lot of these firewood cutters could be. To give back a little to the forum here, for the most part these guys know their ****. I just feel some try to take it too far someyand the black blue coil thing is breaking my balls

What’s wrong with this picture
Just the guy responding to it that seems to have never cut rock hard ash.
Did I suggest anywhere to use the black coil, maybe you should reread for context.
My chain is perfectly tuned for the wood, try listening to the audio and looking at the way the saw is self feeding and the chips rather than dust.
Never said it would, oh I'm sorry to interrupt you're talking to yourself.
That’s my 2 cents for whatever it’s worth. And forgive my bluntness but I hate to see anyone throw away money when times are like they are. You’re probably young as well. Maybe you aren’t hurting for money but a lot of these firewood cutters could be. To give back a little to the forum here, for the most part these guys know their ****. I just feel some try to take it too far someyand the black blue coil thing is breaking my balls
Lol, once again read my post, watch the videos and read the titles of them. The whole point is don't waste your money run whatever coil you have, but there are reasons why some like limited coils and others prefer unlimited.
Whats good is I'm pretty sure the OP understood.
Hope you feel better when you wake up. Have a blessed Sunday.

One set of numbers on the top of the blue coil are like 13000 or 13500 etc, is that their rpm limit, if so what good is a black coil?
Easier to tune is the main advantage.
When you bump the limiter it fools many and can be hard for a new guy to tune.
Another I stated above.
the limited coils will start to advance timing at a lower rpm, which can cause idle fluctuations if you set the idle too high.

Latest posts

Back