husqvarna 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I needed or wanted a 70cc saw, I'd get a new 372xp. Good saw!
With only the knowledge of hearing good things about the 372 I bought one last year. When I bought it I didn't know there was an original 372 and an Xtorq version. I have to say when I found out I was a little disappointed, but after owning and running this saw for the last year, I am happy now. I am not a logger/feller, and the saw probably gets a lot less use than most folks on this site, but it has performed flawlessly when I have needed it.

I'm fairly sure the 75cc XPW was around awhile past 2005. I bought mine new in 2011. I guess it's possible it sat at the dealer for a time, but he moves quite a few saws and the 372's certainly don't get stale on the shelf there..

I have had zero issues with my 75cc 372XPW. It is bone stock and for me it's about as perfect a balance of power and easy handling as it gets for when I need more than my 357 can dish out. I sometimes run a 395 at my job and while it obviously chews through bigger wood with more authority than my 72, it's not a saw I want to run several tanks of fuel through in a day. It's a terrific powerhouse, but it's size and weight does get tiresome for me. I don't get nearly as fatigued running my 72.

My brother got a bad case of "I want" for a 372 after using mine a couple of times. He finally let go of his old Jonsered 920 and picked up a new 372 X-Torque last summer. We can't see any noticeable difference between his X-Torque and my 75cc XPW.

I say get one while you can! I wouldn't worry about the X-Torque type saw. The 357 is gone (I have one of those and it's the saw I use most) and just recently the 346 has followed suit. It won't be long and the 372 will be gone too. I have some experience with a new 550xp at work. And while I don't have anything against the new 500 series saws, in my mind they haven't yet proven themselves like the 300 series that are steadily fading away.

I'm fairly sure the 75cc XPW was around awhile past 2005. I bought mine new in 2011. I guess it's possible it sat at the dealer for a time, but he moves quite a few saws and the 372's certainly don't get stale on the shelf there..

I have had zero issues with my 75cc 372XPW. It is bone stock and for me it's about as perfect a balance of power and easy handling as it gets for when I need more than my 357 can dish out. ... snip ...

The 357XP was the saw I planned to get as I considered it the "current" equivalent to the 262XP.
It was research here that led me to go for the 372XP X-torq.

As far as the 500 series saws I'm sure they are great, but I still think the "look" of the 300 and 200 series saws are the more "proper" look of a husky saw... that low top or high top "sneaker" look of the 500 series (exception 576 I think) like the 550 and 562 I think is just wrong... When the day comes that they all look like that w/ their silver side cover... is the day I will feel the proper Huskys have faded into the ether... :(

The 357XP was the saw I planned to get as I considered it the "current" equivalent to the 262XP.
It was research here that led me to go for the 372XP X-torq.

As far as the 500 series saws I'm sure they are great, but I still think the "look" of the 300 and 200 series saws are the more "proper" look of a husky saw... that low top or high top "sneaker" look of the 500 series (exception 576 I think) like the 550 and 562 I think is just wrong... When the day comes that they all look like that w/ their silver side cover... is the day I will feel the proper Huskys have faded into the ether... :(

Right there with ya. I admit that sometimes looks of a thing influences whether or not I like it.

The 357 has been a GREAT saw for me. Bought mine new in 2006, it was my first pro-grade saw. Seems like they have all but disappeared. Even on Ebay there is usually less than three at any given time.. Many times I have looked and found goose-egg. It's like they are becoming the Colt Python of chainsaw world....

The 357 has been a GREAT saw for me. Bought mine new in 2006, it was my first pro-grade saw. Seems like they have all but disappeared. Even on Ebay there is usually less than three at any given time.. Many times I have looked and found goose-egg. It's like they are becoming the Colt Python of chainsaw world....
357xp is my favorite 60cc saw. 2010 or 2011 was the last year they were made. New ones still pop up around here & good used ones aren't that hard to find. I have a 359 that got a new 357 top-end put on it and another waiting on the same treatment. Three ought to last me a long time. :)

With only the knowledge of hearing good things about the 372 I bought one last year. When I bought it I didn't know there was an original 372 and an Xtorq version. I have to say when I found out I was a little disappointed, but after owning and running this saw for the last year, I am happy now. I am not a logger/feller, and the saw probably gets a lot less use than most folks on this site, but it has performed flawlessly when I have needed it.
As you found out, there is nothing wrong with the XTorq version. It's just if you want a ported 372 it's best to go with the old version.

ive been searching the old threads on this site and most of them are not informative
4ce7.jpg
You're an ass. Go away. Brush Ape.

I'm set on getting the 372 since it is lighter then the 70-80 cc stihl's, and 70-80 cc Dolmars...
I've had both the x-torq and OE 372s, 044, MS440, and Dolmar 7900. They are all great saws, but if I could only have one, it would definitely be the 7900. More power, better balance and better AV. Comparing saws by weight is just silly. An 064 has great power to weight, but vibrates like crazy, and is more fatiguing to run than a bigger saw with better AV. I will say that a muffler modded 372 sounds better than all those other saws...

As you found out, there is nothing wrong with the XTorq version. It's just if you want a ported 372 it's best to go with the old version.
Yes, after seeing the Snellerizedvideo I contacted Brad. He was kind enough too inform me that my xtorq would not be the same as the old version.Since I have decided I really don't need it ported (yes, I know blasphemy eh!) it has all the power and speed for my needs.

I've got a pre-xtorq 372 that is probably my favorite saw of all time. Great balance, power, and throttle response.
IMG_20150116_095843459.jpg

I've also been running an xtorq lately and like it a lot as well. It seems to me that it may have a little more torque, especially on the low end than the non xtorq. I had an opportunity recently to run a 372 xt back to back with a new ms661 in 14-20" oak. While I'm sure the 661 would shine in larger wood, in this size wood, there wasn't much difference in cut speed.

Also, its tough to beat the sound of a 372. Unless its with a 288! :chainsaw:

Don't misunderstand me. A ported 372 XTorq makes a very strong saw. It's just not to the same level as the OE.
I am sure it does Brad, when I contacted you, you didn't try to discourage me from having it ported, you just kindly told me it would not be the same as the old version. My message was not too discourage anybody from having the xtq ported, as I am sure it would be a screamer, it's just that for my purposes I have decided it just isn't necessary. Yep, I know again with the blasphemy:)

I too bought my xtorq not not knowing there were 2 diferent 372's. One reason I brought it was its reputation of being a great saw to mod, so I only found the difference when I pulled the cylinder.
I ran a few litres stock through it. Has heaps of grunt stock so if your not wanting to port it get a 372xtorq and MM it. As far as I can see and my reasearch has shown it's the better saw, less fuel, more power, haven't heard of any reliability issues. (Although both my 550xp and 372 leak bar oil from new in certain positions, annoying but not ever going to effect the saw)
If you want to port, try and find a non xtorq. Everything I've read says there's a bit more power available. That being said my ported xtorq cracks! Very happy!
Oh and high tops rule! Look cool and so much better filter setup, can't understand why anyone wouldn't want one.

357xp is my favorite 60cc saw. 2010 or 2011 was the last year they were made. New ones still pop up around here & good used ones aren't that hard to find. I have a 359 that got a new 357 top-end put on it and another waiting on the same treatment. Three ought to last me a long time. :)

My brother (mentioned above who got the 372 X-Torque) wants a 357 in the worst way. I searched the classifieds here and did see a couple, but not very many, and already sold... I think there is only one on ebay right now. Haven't seen one on CL in this area in a looong time.

So I said all that to ask you this: where is this source of new or good used 357's you speak of?? ;) In the places I have looked, they seem to be like hens teeth.

My apologies to the OP for this brief digression from his initial topic.

Latest posts

Back