Husqvarna 372AT (or maybe 572)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matthew I believe we're on the same track for the most part. A good engineer will be versatile, some are, some not so much.

One huge factor to not overlook is how controlling management is and how it influences the final product. Why use transfer covers? It was likely to save money! Air leaks here we come. Non of us really know why they did what they did, but we know the outcome, which hasn't been bright. And with the constant and ongoing issues with the 5 seaside saws, it really is like they rushed them to make without a proper shakedown whatsoever. Remember this is all just my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I believe we're on the same mindset here as well and you bring up valid points. Maybe they were rushed to the market, but I think there's much pressure on the manufactures to produce better products and compete with rivals, all while the EPA and growing regulations are breathing down their necks.

And, this is the first series to have computers on sawsfor Husky. The technology has been around like people have been saying, but mistakes are understandable given that they went from the old school 3 series to the (mostly) computerized 5 series. No matter how much testing you do during demos, you're still going to have hiccups during the early days of release. How detrimental these failures are is in thing, but how efficiently and quickly Husky reacts is another.

It's to my understanding that most, if not almost all of the "problems" not due to operator error have been sorted out for the most part? Regarding Autotune.

It's to my understanding that most, if not almost all of the "problems" not due to operator error have been sorted out for the most part? Regarding Autotune.

It doesn't appear that the AT system itself is the root cause of the issues some have experienced, it seems more or less a QC issue, and maybe poor design concept. Working the faults out of a poor design concept can be a difficult, if not impossible task. Hopefully the next husky 70cc saw will be where it should be from the get-go.

It doesn't appear that the AT system itself is the root cause of the issues some have experienced, it seems more or less a QC issue, and maybe poor design concept. Working the faults out of a poor design concept can be a difficult, if not impossible task. Hopefully the next husky 70cc saw will be where it should be from the get-go.
I think that it is the stupid way the choke is set up on the 562. I tried it once and I kept turning on the choke even when I did not want to.

I personally don't think the 372 needed improving. I still love the way it looks too.

Need, no - but the fact is that the 70cc saws have gone up quite a bit in weight the last couple of decades (including the change from the original 371 via the original 372 to the current 576 and 372 x- torq - and the change from the original 044, via the 044 mag and 440 to the 441 - but far from excluded to it) - and the class is overdue for some major change.

Need, no - but the fact is that the 70cc saws have gone up quite a bit in weight the last couple of decades (including the change from the original 371 via the original 372 to the current 576 and 372 x- torq - and the change from the original 044, via the 044 mag and 440 to the 441 - but far from excluded to it) - and the class is overdue for some major change.

That's why I bought an on old 372. I was looking for a 371....hell I still am

That's why I bought an on old 372. I was looking for a 371....hell I still am
Yeah, really! I have a 371, and was looking at new 60cc saws for a lighter saw, and come to find out, the current 60cc saws are the same 13lbs as the 371 is! Ended up getting a 550xp and it ended up being exactly what I wanted.

The 371 just got a better power:weight ratio, too...

e2f72bc5ac199532417cfdab9318cc4e.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, really! I have a 371, and was looking at new 60cc saws for a lighter saw, and come to find out, the current 60cc saws are the same 13lbs as the 371 is! Ended up getting a 550xp and it ended up being exactly what I wanted.

The 371 just got a better power:weight ratio, too...

e2f72bc5ac199532417cfdab9318cc4e.jpg

The low top versions are of course preferable to the high top ones that have been more or less standard in the US - but in really "dirty" conditions they aren't.

You can always get noodles to clog up if you try hard enough. With that said it makes a huge difference, especially when you have a good chain, and a strong
Sometimes manufacturers just won't listen or possibly only listen to themselves in a vacuum chamber. Remember the Pontiac Aztec? GM thought it was a dandy idea.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...he-inside-story-of-the-pontiac-aztek-debacle/
Very true or sometimes the mfg doesn't want to spend the $ to build a class killer, they just want a model that has decent sales.

Bet your 371 isnt 13lbs or the 372 13.6lbs they showed on paper specs was all BS. 14lbs and some . ;)

As far as I know that is about true - but the specs always were for the "low top" versions, that mostly weren't sold in the US - for some silly reason.

The HD set-up really was an option, that never was reflected in the specs.

Every time the 272 I rebuilt comes back in I swear it is lighter then the 372's I like so much.

We worry to much now days. Saw is a tool, grab one and go cut wood. ;)
I find that mine, although I don't wanna say it's better balanced, just seems that more weight is in the center of the saw compared to the 372xp. Maybe it's the balance maybe not but I do think it's a tad lighter than the 372xp pre X-Torq. And IMO, there's a lot more weight and bulk to the 371/72 than the 272 has.

I second that the 371xp seems lighter than the old 372 as well. Not anything significant but I've always felt that way.

Do American 272's have the same thickness front handle as the other saws? Like a 372xp or 390xp? My 272xp was made in Brazil and the front handle is quite a bit thinner than any of the other saws.

Very true or sometimes the mfg doesn't want to spend the $ to build a class killer, they just want a model that has decent sales.

A sharp chain always is more important than small differences in saw performance - but both matters.

If not, forums like this would be redundant (which one brand that mostly have really low power specs try to make them, at the same time as they try to keep the specs "secret" in North America).

As far as I know that is about true - but the specs always were for the "low top" versions, that mostly weren't sold in the US - for some silly reason.

The HD set-up really was an option, that never was reflected in the specs.
Yeah the only low tops I've ever seen in the US were the 365/2165/6, at least OEM. You see all kinds of stuff that has been put on, of course.

Mike

I personally don't think the 372 needed improving. I still love the way it looks too.
Great running saw.
With that being said, if Husqvarna can make a 372 in the same mold as a 562 or 550 I am all for it. I like the responsiveness of the auto tune saws as well as the small weight loss.

Yeah the only low tops I've ever seen in the US were the 365/2165/6, at least OEM. You see all kinds of stuff that has been put on, of course.

Mike

The 372xpg was sold in NA with the low top as well - but it seems like they didn't want to sell to many of the heated saws there, for some odd reason (that I have no idea what was/is). Over here, the first version of new saw models to hit the market usually are the heated ones - and many pro models aren't even offered for sale without heating. Mostly you can get them if you insist though.

The low top versions are of course preferable to the high top ones that have been more or less standard in the US - but in really "dirty" conditions they aren't.

Come to New Mexico in a 5k foot above sea level desert and you will be praising that high top with extra filter element. An air filter in my truck lasts 3 months tops in the summer.

Latest posts

Back