husqvarna 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood chuck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a husqvarna 395xp. Just my concern is if it'll get enough bar oil on the 36''. Anyone happen to know? I'll be cutting firewood with it. Thanks

They're rated up to a 42" I think. Lots of folks on here running 32" and 36" bars with no complaints. Haven't put the 32" on my 394 yet.

Thinking about buying a husqvarna 395xp. Just my concern is if it'll get enough bar oil on the 36''. Anyone happen to know? I'll be cutting firewood with it. Thanks
Yes. 36" on 395xp is VERY common. Should put out more than enough oil. Especially for firewood cutting.

Just thought I'd ask cause they say it pumps 25mil/min. I feel like it's a safe buy now. Thanks for the input! I have a jred 2188. Could it possibly run a 36? If so that'd save alot of money. I just run a 28 full skip on it now. It pulls it okay just don't know about the 8 more inches and oil. Thanks

My 385 runs a 36 OK. I believe the oiler is the same on the 2188. I run skip on everything longer than 24". Just a preference really. If you are pushing the limits of an oiler you will do better with an 0.063 bar. Same bar for both saws. Buy the bar and see if the 2188 is happy

A stock 2188 w/7-pin should pull and oil a 36" skip just fine with having to lay down serious cash for the 395.
If you send your 2188 to one of the reputable builder's on this site, that 2188 will pull that 36" AND put
a big-(ear-to-ear) grin on your face that will repeat each time you have the pleasure of running it.
I have both the orange counterpart to your 2188, and the 395. If I knew then what I know now I would
have passed on the 395 and just Masterminded the the 390xp.

Well I bought the 395 today. Went to look and it pulled me in so I bought it. Runs good power house. It has a little more than my 2188. It's heavier so the jred is going to be the go to unless I need the big one. I ran it today cut down an elm and cut it up. Can't complain other than a little oil trouble on 36". After 5 cuts off the base the bar got a little hot

Congrats on the 395!:rock: They are a serious powerhouse saw, but like you mentioned...a bit heavy.
Do you have the oiler turned up all the way? mine slings oil like crazy... more than the 390

It is all the way up. I don't know if it doesn't put out oil like the older ones or what. But I'm lacking some. If yours is a newer model and pumps plenty I may go back to the dealer and talk with them about it. Other than this I can't complain one bit. It really sings right up there. Got to get used to the angled handle..

Well I bought the 395 today. Went to look and it pulled me in so I bought it. Runs good power house. It has a little more than my 2188. It's heavier so the jred is going to be the go to unless I need the big one. I ran it today cut down an elm and cut it up. Can't complain other than a little oil trouble on 36". After 5 cuts off the base the bar got a little hot
What gauge is that bar? Don't mean to be rude, but as we don't know you......How good are you at sharpening chains?

You know I'm not sure. I will go look. The chain is brand new. But I can sharpen them good. Well good enough where several guys bring theirs to me to have them sharpened.

Okay never mind. I don't feel like the smartest over thus one. But I started at the top of tree after I fell it and turned down the oil for the 24'' then when I put the 36" back on for the big cuts I didn't turn it back up. I turned the screw and started it and it's pumping. I see a nice line fling off the end of bar. My mistake. That's what happens when you forget the little things

Mine slings plenty of oil, and runs a 36" with a full comp full chisel chain with plenty of power to spare. And I totally agree, its a bit heavy. My 268xp gets used 90% of the time.

Know anything about a 562xp? Have a chance to trade a 12 gauge shotgun fir one. He says has about 5 hours of use on it. Just to much saw for what he's doing

Glad you got the oiler working well, It's nice when it's something simple.
As far as the 562/shotgun is concerned-
"It have to be a heck of a shotgun for me to not make that trade."
I think the 562 may just be my favorite of the bunch especially when cutting firewood.
I find that when working to cut firewood I can use that 562 for the better part of the day
and not be overly worn out. If I tried that with the 395 wearing 36" it would kick my A$$ in a short time.
562's are light and nimble yet still got a lot plenty of huevos for the the vast majority of the work you will encounter.
With a little reading on this site you'll find there are a lot of folks fond of that saw of which I am 1.
Chainsaw pics 016.jpg

Wow! Congrats once again... Look at you go!
Post some pics of them if you get a chance....
Welcome to the site as well.

What a deal man, Heck, @ 5/Hr She's not even broke in yet!
They balance well with a 18"-20"
I bet that 562 becomes your "Go to" saw in no time. I know mine did.

It still has the white stickers on the bottom. I love how the side cover nuts has the connectors on them. I'm not sure how to upload pictures on her. Small town country boy. I don't even have a computer or Internet. I'm at my girlfriends house. Which she made this for me and it's actually typing as I'm telling her what to say

Back