Husqvarna 435 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was at Lowes yesterday and a 435 jumped in my cart.
So I had to buy it and take it home.[emoji3]

It rained all day today so I couldnt try it out.

The 435 is 2.2 hp. I thought about buying the 440 which is 2.4 hp at $30 more, but with a 18" bar it was a no go for me.
I'm not too happy that it doesn't come with a scabbard.
That's total crap, but otherwise it looks like a decent saw.

Most of my saws need repair, so thats why I picked this one up.
Had to charge it, but I cant be without a saw.

We've had so much rain the ground is saturated.
Hopefully we wont have any high winds, but I have to be prepared.

I was at Lowes yesterday and a 435 jumped in my cart.
So I had to buy it and take it home.[emoji3]

It rained all day today so I couldnt try it out.

The 435 is 2.2 hp. I thought about buying the 440 which is 2.4 hp at $30 more, but with a 18" bar it was a no go for me.
I'm not too happy that it doesn't come with a scabbard.
That's total crap, but otherwise it looks like a decent saw.

Most of my saws need repair, so thats why I picked this one up.
Had to charge it, but I cant be without a saw.

We've had so much rain the ground is saturated.
Hopefully we wont have any high winds, but I have to be prepared.
The 435 is 2.4HP same as the 440 minus the extra spring in starter mech. Its a great lil saw, much better than the 200 series saws. Its biggest downfall is its weak clutch. In normal use it shouldn't be an issue.

Good cuttin' lil saw and super light. I used one to limb for a while till I found my 346. Mine wanted the carb adjusted which requires a spline tool. After that she was a little screamer. If ya find it hard to restart when warm, flip it up on fast idle.

The 435 is 2.4HP same as the 440 minus the extra spring in starter mech. Its a great lil saw, much better than the 200 series saws. Its biggest downfall is its weak clutch. In normal use it shouldn't be an issue.
Thank you, good to know.

Good cuttin' lil saw and super light. I used one to limb for a while till I found my 346. Mine wanted the carb adjusted which requires a spline tool. After that she was a little screamer. If ya find it hard to restart when warm, flip it up on fast idle.
Thank you. I hope to fire it up tomorrow and try it out.

Since a 435 is my first and, so far only saw, I would like to know more about the clutch. Would please elaborate? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back