Husqvarna 545 bar and chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was wondering what bar and chain combo to use on my 545. I have a 2 piece sprocket nose bar husqvarna on it now.20in bar .325. 0.058ga i would like a 16in bar and chain for it also.i see these woodland promaxx bar and chain on baileys for pretty good price. The oregon lite is about 20 bucks more.but i do like the sprocket nose to be grease able. Like my husky bar.any suggestions?thanks

Was wondering what bar and chain combo to use on my 545. I have a 2 piece sprocket nose bar husqvarna on it now.20in bar .325. 0.058ga i would like a 16in bar and chain for it also.i see these woodland promaxx bar and chain on baileys for pretty good price. The oregon lite is about 20 bucks more.but i do like the sprocket nose to be grease able. Like my husky bar.any suggestions?thanks
http://leftcoastsupplies.com/product/18-gb-arbor-pro-barchain-combo-325-050-k095-mount/

Here's a sweet deal on a 18" bar and chain

I have the following bars for my 50cc saws, all are .058 gauge as that is all I use in .325 pitch:

Husqvarna laminated 18" (HL-258-72) - have had this on for 27 years. I've un-bent and un-twisted it, dressed it, and it still works great. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Oregon Pro-Lite 18" (188SLGK095) - this is a laminate like the Husky above but with a wider nose profile. Bore cuts better, slightly heavier with a better balance. Also have this in 20".

Total Super Bar 18" - virtually identical overall dimensions to the Husky. Looks like Tsumura just took the outline of the HL-258-72 and made it into a solid bar with a replaceable nose sprocket. This definitely looks the best on the 545, the brushed steel is very sexy.

WoodlandPro TimberMAX Lite 20" - laminate with a wider nose profile, not the most rigid bar. Only used for a few cuts. Will probably sell this one.

Carlton Speed Tip 18" (18-01W-K272-ST) - recently got 2 of these new, have not tried them yet.

My favorite for looks is the Total/Tsumura. My favorite to use cutting wood is the Oregon Pro-lite. Least favorite is the WoodlandPro. Can't wait to try the Carltons.

I will suggest one of these two above or similar of another brand.

Husqvarna laminated 18" (HL-258-72) - have had this on for 27 years. I've un-bent and un-twisted it, dressed it, and it still works great. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Oregon Pro-Lite 18" (188SLGK095) - this is a laminate like the Husky above but with a wider nose profile. Bore cuts better, slightly heavier with a better balance. Also have this in 20".

Just discussing the oil hole skips the possibility of another larger hole perhaps to clear debris, perhaps on both sides. Since it is just suggest. why not get the smaller nose one and decide for yourself how chain and nose sprocket size effect the bore cutting.

Any chain is only as good as the fellow sharpening it.

And yes oregon 20lpx is a quality chain.

Personaly I like the Husqvarna roller guide kit, but the oregon kit from above site will suite a beginner equally well.

I just bought a 545 and will be using:
The Forester 1-Rivet professional Sprocket Nose Bars are proven industry method that will ensure a long life in the logs.

Bar / Chain Information
  • Length - 18"
  • Pitch - .325
  • Gauge - .050
  • Drive Link - 72
  • Fits Husqvarna Models - 50, 51, 55, 340, 345, 350, 353, 346XP, 440, 445, 450, 545, 550xp
I have been using Forster bars for 10 years cutting Cedar, Oaf and Osage orange-Hedge. Great Price and hold up well.
http://www.forestershop.com/foreste...n-saw-bar-husqvarna-18-inch-hj183255072w.html

Back