husqvarna 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadetree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All
What are the differences in a Husqvarna 55, and a Husqvarna 55 Rancher?
Mainly, are they the same bore size, is the piston the same?
Thanks For your help
Shadetree

shadetree said:
The reason I didnt do a search, and JUST asked the Question was, I was on another persons computer, and in a hurry, and didnt want to tie it up too long!!!
So excuse me, if It upset you, that I asked a queston, on Your massage board!!!
SO Sorry to Inconvience YOU
Shadetree

Husky Nut, how long did it take you to do that search?

Don't get so upset shadetree. Husky Nut politely directed you to a thread that asked the EXACT same thing you just asked, the same way I'm politely asking you to settle down. If you supposedly didn't want to tie up the computer, you likely wouldn't be able to sit around and wait for replies you expected anyway. In less than two minutes you could have done a search, and read two good pages of posts on 55 vs. 55 Rancher. Perhaps you could thank Husky Nut for tying up his computer doing the search for you.

We don't want to tie up our computers either answering the same questions over and over just because you don't want to do a search.

Welcome to AS.

:buttkick:

fishhuntcutwood said:
We don't want to tie up our computers either answering the same questions over and over just because you don't want to do a search.

Welcome to AS.

Nice try and well said...now lets see if it works. Oh,by the way,where can I get one of those "massage boards'? Do they come in colors? Battery pack or plug in? Would motion lotion help? ;)

shadetree said:
The reason I didnt do a search, and JUST asked the Question was, I was on another persons computer, and in a hurry, and didnt want to tie it up too long!!!
So excuse me, if It upset you, that I asked a queston, on Your massage board!!!
SO Sorry to Inconvience YOU
Shadetree

I wish it was a massage board.

What is with the people who think that their question is any different from the last time it was answered? They come on, ask the same question, then get pissed off when they are told to use the search function because the question has already been answered. Is there really any difference in the information when it is reposted specifically for them, or do they just want the personal treatment so they feel special?

It takes little to no time to run a search, in fact probably much less than it takes to post and wait for replies. The search function is there to provide access to the information already posted, so that constant repetition of the same material isn't necessary.

I like when I hear a post that begins with something like ..." After running a search for this and reading the old posts, I still had this question and would like some more information...". Instead of " I had this question and I could probably have used the search function and found it, but couldn't be bothered" .

TimberPig said:
I like when I hear a post that begins with something like ..." After running a search for this and reading the old posts, I still had this question and would like some more information...". Instead of " I had this question and I could probably have used the search function and found it, but couldn't be bothered" .

Right on.

TimberPig said:
What is with the people who think that their question is any different from the last time it was answered? They come on, ask the same question, then get pissed off when they are told to use the search function because the question has already been answered. Is there really any difference in the information when it is reposted specifically for them, or do they just want the personal treatment so they feel special?

It takes little to no time to run a search, in fact probably much less than it takes to post and wait for replies. The search function is there to provide access to the information already posted, so that constant repetition of the same material isn't necessary.

WOW you guys are gettin really testy. Great way to treat a new member.:confused:

TimberPig said:

If is bothers you so much, why even reply to the post?????:dizzy:

TimberPig said:

Just ignore it and don't bother wasting energy replying!

Last edited:
TimberPig said:

DUH!!!!!!:bang:

hydro2, your sign up date says you've only been here a month or so, give it a little longer of having the same questioned posed, the people told to use the search function, and then getting attitude about them not wanting to use the search function because they want "their" question answered. This is despite the fact that others have already asked the exact same question. When something simple gets asked over, and over again, and has been well covered and is sitting there in the archives, but they cannot be bothered to use it, it gets just a tad frustrating. I'm sorry if repeating the same information just to make someone feel as if their question got answered instead of them reading the responses already posted to previous versions of the same question seems like a more efficient use of time. I'm sure there are more than a few of us here who have better things to do than repeat ourselves. It has to do with the fact that the information is there, but people cannot make use of the search function to access it for themselves, and then they cop an attitude about being told to use it. I guess some people are just used to having someone else doing things for them, instead of taking the miniscule amount of effort to do it themselves.

Took me less then 30 seconds to find that post by doing a search...But thank you for the impolite thanks you gave me for recommending the search function (and providing a very useful thread) before everyone fires off on you about it...People like you cause helpful people to be less helpful to Moron's like you that are to lazy to search...Thanks

TimberPig said:
hydro2, your sign up date says you've only been here a month or so, give it a little longer of having the same questioned posed, the people told to use the search function, and then getting attitude about them not wanting to use the search function because they want "their" question answered. This is despite the fact that others have already asked the exact same question. When something simple gets asked over, and over again, and has been well covered and is sitting there in the archives, but they cannot be bothered to use it, it gets just a tad frustrating. I'm sorry if repeating the same information just to make someone feel as if their question got answered instead of them reading the responses already posted to previous versions of the same question seems like a more efficient use of time. I'm sure there are more than a few of us here who have better things to do than repeat ourselves. It has to do with the fact that the information is there, but people cannot make use of the search function to access it for themselves, and then they cop an attitude about being told to use it. I guess some people are just used to having someone else doing things for them, instead of taking the miniscule amount of effort to do it themselves.
You still have not answered my question!!!!!! WHY waste your precious time answering it then???? The logical thing to do would be to don’t answer it and then the person may figure the “search” out for themselves. Seems to me that by responding to them, you are enabling them to have “someone else do things for them.” If it irritates you so much, don’t enable them then by responding. Then you have helped them and not wasted any of your own time. Makes sense to me!

hydro2 said:
You still have not answered my question!!!!!! WHY waste your precious time answering it then???? The logical thing to do would be to don’t answer it and then the person may figure the “search” out for themselves. Seems to me that by responding to them, you are enabling them to have “someone else do things for them.” If it irritates you so much, don’t enable them then by responding. Then you have helped them and not wasted any of your own time. Makes sense to me!

The problem is inevitably, someone will feel the need to try and be helpful and they will not learn to use the search function. Or they get pissed off if no one responds and starting bashing people for not responding to them.

It is far easier to tell them to use the search than to solve it by trying to ignore them and hope they figure it out on their own. If they were going to figure it out for themselves, they would do it before they put the question up in the first place, and they would have a useful question clarifying some points instead of useless repetition of the exact same material at best, or a debate over whether they should use the search function or cop an attitude about having to use it because it has already been covered as this is turning into.

these forums have people with all level of questions. most have already been ask. so if we all just use search the forum is just a source of info, instead of a info share forum, of interaction between fanciers.search is a good source of info ,tho

TimberPig said:
The problem is inevitably, someone will feel the need to try and be helpful and they will not learn to use the search function. Or they get pissed off if no one responds and starting bashing people for not responding to them.

It is far easier to tell them to use the search than to solve it by trying to ignore them and hope they figure it out on their own. If they were going to figure it out for themselves, they would do it before they put the question up in the first place, and they would have a useful question clarifying some points instead of useless repetition of the exact same material at best, or a debate over whether they should use the search function or cop an attitude about having to use it because it has already been covered as this is turning into.
I see your point. But, if you want to help them, then do so willingly and without malice. We are all greenhorns at one time or another. I respect the opinions offered on this site and read it daily. I find many of the threads useful and informative. If a response to one of my first post would have been negative, I would be a bit apprehensive about posting again. Had you simply stated “try a search” and directed him/her to the link, I am sure he/she would have not taken offence. You instead told them to “Try doing a search first next time....read this” implying how could you be so stupid as to not do a search?” I see how one could take offence to that and get a bit defensive.

Back