husqvarna 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hydro2 said:
I see your point. But, if you want to help them, then do so willingly and without malice. We are all greenhorns at one time or another. I respect the opinions offered on this site and read it daily. I find many of the threads useful and informative. If a response to one of my first post would have been negative, I would be a bit apprehensive about posting again. Had you simply stated “try a search” and directed him/her to the link, I am sure he/she would have not taken offence. You instead told them to “Try doing a search first next time....read this” implying how could you be so stupid as to not do a search?” I see how one could take offence to that and get a bit defensive.

Well now Mr. Wannabe Smarty pants...The search feature is there to be used and help keep the server from being flooded with the same BS everyday which causes the server to slow down and also rises the cost due to bandwidth issues...If the person took what i said how i said it as an insult then thats the way he see's things atleast i didnt say look here jerk...I was nice enough to post the link for him...

Husky nut said:
Well now Mr. Wannabe Smarty pants...The search feature is there to be used and help keep the server from being flooded with the same BS everyday which causes the server to slow down and also rises the cost due to bandwidth issues...If the person took what i said how i said it as an insult then thats the way he see's things atleast i didnt say look here jerk...I was nice enough to post the link for him...
Are you implying that using the search feature uses no bandwidth? It may not use storage space, but it certainly would use bandwidth and server resources.

Husky nut said:
But it doesnt take up storage space like this Post is doing...
I will agree with you there. So lets bury the hatchet and stop wasting our time and server storage on this crazy post. Sorry!!! Enough said. I might want to buy a saw off you some day!!!
Mark:)

hydro2 said:
I will agree with you there. So lets bury the hatchet and stop wasting our time and server storage on this crazy post. Sorry!!! Enough said. I might want to buy a saw off you some day!!!
Mark:)

I'm sorry i dont bury hatchet's there to useful i'd rather bury non-useful items...LOL

hydro2 said:
I see your point. But, if you want to help them, then do so willingly and without malice. We are all greenhorns at one time or another. I respect the opinions offered on this site and read it daily. I find many of the threads useful and informative. If a response to one of my first post would have been negative, I would be a bit apprehensive about posting again. Had you simply stated “try a search” and directed him/her to the link, I am sure he/she would have not taken offence. You instead told them to “Try doing a search first next time....read this” implying how could you be so stupid as to not do a search?” I see how one could take offence to that and get a bit defensive.

I agree, that Husky Nut's wording might have been part of the reason for the response that came from shadetree. But shadetree's response was what started all the debate anyhow. Up until your post, no one had been on Husky Nut for suggesting the search instead of a rehash of the same information. Probably the best response would have simply been the link to the search. then if shadetree had responded as he did, to no provocation, there would have been no doubt as to why everyone was frustrated by shadetree. By acknowledging that he was on a friends computer and didn't want to tie it up doing a search, tells me he knew the search function existed and he was choosing to ignore it. As Husky Nut said, it took him about 30 seconds to run the search. Add on 5 minutes to read the posts in the thread, and he would have been into it for less time, than has been wasted on this thread. Hopefully some good comes of it, and people use the search before posting. As I said before, I like when some one starts a thread by saying that they have run a search, read the threads, and then want some clarification of what they just read. This shows they have taken the initiative to read what is already at their fingertips, and then want some further information beyond what has been posted in the previous threads. This is a far more valuable use of forum resources, and contributes to providing better information the next time someone is looking for information on the topic.

TimberPig said:
I agree, that Husky Nut's wording might have been part of the reason for the response that came from shadetree. But shadetree's response was what started all the debate anyhow. Up until your post, no one had been on Husky Nut for suggesting the search instead of a rehash of the same information. Probably the best response would have simply been the link to the search. then if shadetree had responded as he did, to no provocation, there would have been no doubt as to why everyone was frustrated by shadetree. By acknowledging that he was on a friends computer and didn't want to tie it up doing a search, tells me he knew the search function existed and he was choosing to ignore it. As Husky Nut said, it took him about 30 seconds to run the search. Add on 5 minutes to read the posts in the thread, and he would have been into it for less time, than has been wasted on this thread. Hopefully some good comes of it, and people use the search before posting. As I said before, I like when some one starts a thread by saying that they have run a search, read the threads, and then want some clarification of what they just read. This shows they have taken the initiative to read what is already at their fingertips, and then want some further information beyond what has been posted in the previous threads. This is a far more valuable use of forum resources, and contributes to providing better information the next time someone is looking for information on the topic.
Yea I agree,I may read to much into things!!! Won't argue there. Anyway, Huskynut and I have buried the Wild Thing!! :laugh: No offence to Wild Thing owners. I have a little old Mac and a Homolite!!!

Husky nut said:
as long as we arent burying Poulan 655 with good parts on them i dont mind...
Nope we won't do that. HEE HEEEEE Sorry seriously!! Sometimes I just go off on a tangent. The guys are on here are really good people and helpful. I truly enjoy spending (my wife thinks wasting) my time of this site. I have learned a PILE on here and although I have been cutting wood for years, I am a newbie. Before I just ran my chainsaw and treated it like a weed eater or something.

hydro2 said:
Nope we won't do that. HEE HEEEEE Sorry seriously!! Sometimes I just go off on a tangent. The guys are on here are really good people and helpful. I truly enjoy spending (my wife thinks wasting) my time of this site. I have learned a PILE on here and although I have been cutting wood for years, I am a newbie. Before I just ran my chainsaw and treated it like a weed eater or something.

Thats exactly why reposts of the same questions are so frustrating and people are told to do a search, is that rediscussing the same topic over and over isn't Increasing the information available here. If the repetition of old material is reduced, and instead reading a thread leads to new discussion extending from the original thread, then it increases the information, and there is more available for people to learn from.

I think Husky Nut's idea of making it a sticky is a really good idea and I am not quite sure why it hasn't been done before.

You aren't the only one who gets nagged about how much time they spend on here (and other forums too), mine does the same. She thinks it is a useless waste of time, but I don't see how sharing information and learning is a waste of my time, although I probably do spend more time online than I really need to :p.

First I would like to say that,I hate that this is really turned into such a mess.
I really enjoyed, coming in here, and, reading, and talking about, chainsaws and Logging, and I have learned alot.
Even though I have took a few good insults, in all of this, I wasnt going to respond, because I think its a waste of time, to sit behind a computer and argue with it. but i feel if I dont, one final time, its going to bother me, so here I go.
Husky nut- you said I believe- Try doing a search the next time-I took this as a smartass response. Maybe I was wrong, maybe, you meant it with all the humbleness and kindness, that could be, but that wasnt the way I took it.
I realize though, that the meaning of, things can be, lost when you type it.
So If, and Only if, you didnt mean it as a smartass sling, I am sorry, and I do thank you for the link.
I was in a hurry, and I didn't do a search first, partly because, I am kinda new to these things, and because, I didnt realize how fast and easy it is to do a search, and party because I just didnt think about it. But in the end, I think this Message board (I hope I spelled it right this time) is going to loose info, because, some people like myself, will be shy about asking a question or committing on a post, for fear of getting ?????ed out, and insulted. Even if I did a search now I would be afraid I missed something, and the same thing would start over again.
I am a Moron, I suppose Like Husky Nut said, but I dont think I am a Moron, for not searching first, but because I have let all of this crap get to me.
But there is alot of us Morons out there, and some of the most valuable things I have learned, has been from what, some people would call Morons.
In closing-Up to this point, I have really enjoyed this Message board, and I have learned a whole lot, and have meet some really nice people here, that have tryed to help me out, and I just wanted to thank them, and give something back to them. So all I could come up with is a link to some Dolmar IPLs. I didnt do a Search, to see if its been posted before, on purpose, because its just not fun anymore. So if you have it Igor it, If you dont, I hope you enjoy it, and can use it. I dont know how to attach a link, and dont want to learn at this point, so I will just write it out. atlanticpowerinc.com/dolmar.htm
Thanks to all, that took there time out of there day, to answer questions etc.
And a special thanks to Weez for the ipl cd, you sent
Shadetree

Last edited:
A "smartassed remark" would be, "Hey! Don't get your panties in a twist, but learn to use the idiot-proof search function." :laugh:

Husky's comment was rather tame. If a person's sensitivities are too delicate for constructive criticism, perhaps Asite isn't the place for them. Most of the folks here are grown adults and can handle disagreements without running for a box of Kleenex and sticking their heads in the sand. ;) :blob2:

Perhaps you right spacemule
But dont worry, I wont be wanting to borrow any of your kleenexs, any time soon.
I not interested in talking to some ahole, hiding behind the computer, talking crap to some newbe. so that, maybe they can impress, the rest of the MVPs. I just have more important things to do with my time.

Last edited:
Search function use

hydro2 said:
WOW you guys are gettin really testy. Great way to treat a new member.:confused:
I don't know which is worse, hydro 2 or shadetree. In the search box type in skin thickness test and READ#9, I explain the reasons for using the search button before you ask. If your skin is tender, use the search buttom first. You have not been mistreated. You are about to fail the skin thickness test. I even read the manual before I start my new chainsaws.

shadetree said:
Perhaps you right spacemule
But dont worry, I wont be wanting to borrow any of your kleenexs, any time soon.
I not interested in talking to some ahole, hiding behind the computer, talking crap to some newbe. so that, maybe they can impress, the rest of the MVPs. I just have more important things to do with my time.
My time is also valuable--I've been at work since 7 this morning. Hence, I like to make things short and to the point without false niceties. Hiding behind a keyboard? ha ha :laugh: By the way, I say nothing to impress people here. If you can show one person here who says I haven't offended or ticked him off by saying what's on my mind, I'll show you a liar. That should tell you what I think of popularity. :sucks:

Here is the funny part . I was doing a search for a "Husqvarna 55" and a 365 and came across this post. "The search feature dont work guys !" why? because i ended up with 3 pages of "chick-battles" on this thread . Not what I searched for so i guess it dont work , ha. Is this a chainsaw fourm or a hair and nail shop. sheese :angry:

Last edited:
Rspike said:
Here is the funny part . I was doing a search for a "Husqvarna 55" and a 365 and came across this post. "The search feature dont work guys !" why? because i ended up with 3 pages of "????? battles" on this thread . Not what a searched for so i guess it dont work . ha Is this a chainsaw fourm or a hair and nail shop. sheese :angry:

What are you looking for? I have a bunch as I have searched for hours on both models

Freakingstang said:
What are you looking for? I have a bunch as I have searched for hours on both models
I just bought a new 372XP and a 346XP and was looking at a used 55 and a 365 s for a good price , looking to C if the used saws of the listed models hold up well over the years or just pass on the deals.

Back