husqvarna 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geofore said:
I don't know which is worse, hydro 2 or shadetree. In the search box type in skin thickness test and READ#9, I explain the reasons for using the search button before you ask. If your skin is tender, use the search buttom first. You have not been mistreated. You are about to fail the skin thickness test. I even read the manual before I start my new chainsaws.

A quote from the "Skin Thickness Test" from # 9.

While reading you'll pick up on the personalities that are here but the search feature will not test the thickness of your skin. It will however prepare you for the skin thickness test you are going to get from members when you do post. I'm French is not an excuse for the thin skin approach you are using. I failed to realize the search button works is not an excuse that works either. "I'm a newbie" only askes for the skin thickness test to be administered along with the troll litmus test. The search button does not administer these tests and newbies fail to realize this and avoid the search button. They jump in with both feet and ask for skin thickness test in an effort to avoid doing a bit of reading. So your options are do a little reading (use the search button) or jump in and get the skin thickness test and troll litmus test.

Like a new member would know that there is some verboten rule about posting a question before doing a search! I suppose you will educate them though!!! Isn't posting what a forum is all about, dialog? Perhaps every new member should pass the "Skin Thickness Test" (a battery of in insults) before he/she is permitted to become a member or commit a more heinous crime such posting a question. The “Skin Thickness Test” could be equated to taking the SAT for college entrance.

Rspike said:
I just bought a new 372XP and a 346XP and was looking at a used 55 and a 365 s for a good price , looking to C if the used saws of the listed models hold up well over the years or just pass on the deals.

Had a 55R years ago (before the 365's) and it was decent, but it isn't of the pro quality that the 346/365/372 ares. It is more of a "Farm" type saw. Something that gets used more than your once a year wild thing, but not an everyday saw.

The 365's are the same as a 372xp, except the cylinder and jug. Some had the same walbro card (specials and the newer 365's) the older ones had a Zama carb that gives a slight off idle hesitation. They are very good saws (365) are very reliable, and have a very wide torque curve and make a great firewood saw. I used mine daily where I worked for a year, and then I bought them. I have had them 6 years now and they still run great. I only cut firewood, as I'm not in the tree/landscape business anymore, but I average 20-25 cords a year. This year I helped everyone in the county cutt their firewood.....What else do you want to know?

Steve

Freakingstang said:
Had a 55R years ago (before the 365's) and it was decent, but it isn't of the pro quality that the 346/365/372 ares. It is more of a "Farm" type saw. Something that gets used more than your once a year wild thing, but not an everyday saw.

The 365's are the same as a 372xp, except the cylinder and jug. Some had the same walbro card (specials and the newer 365's) the older ones had a Zama carb that gives a slight off idle hesitation. They are very good saws (365) are very reliable, and have a very wide torque curve and make a great firewood saw. I used mine daily where I worked for a year, and then I bought them. I have had them 6 years now and they still run great. I only cut firewood, as I'm not in the tree/landscape business anymore, but I average 20-25 cords a year. This year I helped everyone in the county cutt their firewood.....What else do you want to know?

Steve
Good input , thanks for the review. Firewood saw(s) is what i use them for . My mother and father are in there 70"s now and the Ole'man is still out there with me tho i have to keep him at pace . Ill fall a tree , we'll limb it and i'll cut him a branch that is easy for him to work . ( on his knees nowadays ) and he can take his time on it but yet keep the ole :chainsaw cutting" in his blood as he still loves to do. I'll be taking over cutting wood for both there house and ours as i have been in the last 5 years so i had to up the quality of the saws i use for the full take over to supply us all . My boy is 16 but i dont let him run a saw as of yet but when he is ready we weill both be cutting as the torch get handed down once again. I keep thinking 18 is is soon enough to let him run a full HP saw . What do others think of a starting age to start running a saw ? I've been in the wood lot sence i was 6 but no saw in my hand untell 18 . any thoughts ya'll

Rspike said:
Good input , thanks for the review. Firewood saw(s) is what i use them for . My mother and father are in there 70"s now and the Ole'man is still out there with me tho i have to keep him at pace . Ill fall a tree , we'll limb it and i'll cut him a branch that is easy for him to work . ( on his knees nowadays ) and he can take his time on it but yet keep the ole :chainsaw cutting" in his blood as he still loves to do. I'll be taking over cutting wood for both there house and ours as i have been in the last 5 years so i had to up the quality of the saws i use for the full take over to supply us all . My boy is 16 but i dont let him run a saw as of yet but when he is ready we weill both be cutting as the torch get handed down once again. I keep thinking 18 is is soon enough to let him run a full HP saw . What do others think of a starting age to start running a saw ? I've been in the wood lot sence i was 6 but no saw in my hand untell 18 . any thoughts ya'll

This is just my opinion, I'm sure others will agree/disagree. I was running big HP saws at 17. (372 and 385's) But then again, I'm been around wood and saws since I was about 13-14. I think the 55 would be a great "starter" saw for your boy. Hell, I can't imagine how many cords of wood I had cut at the age of 16. I guess dad thought the torch needed lit early on. I don't blame him, as I will do the same for mine, when I have a couple boys one day.

Back