HUSQVARNA 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A HUSKY 55 AND USED IT TO CUT DOWN A VERY LARGE POPLAR TREE IN MY YARD AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE WAY IT PERFORMED. THE 20' BAR COMBO WORKED GREAT. I FULLY EXPECT THIS SAW TO LAST ME 15-20 YEARS SINCE I DO NOT DO A LOT OF CUTTING. ANY TIPS TO HELP MAKE IT LAST OTHER THAN USING HUSQVARNA OIL AND RUNNING THE GAS OUT OF IT WHEN IT IS GOING TO SIT FOR A WHILE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

I would try not to do a lot of ripping and keep the chain sharp. That way you arent putting a lot of down pressure on the saw. Ripping (going against the grain of the wood)is very hard on the saw but sometimes you have not choice because of the size of the log you are cutting. Keep the cooling fins and air filter clean and this saw should last a long time. This is a homeowner type saw with many commercial characteristics such as a pressed crankcase, so it should last a homeowner a lifetime. Good luck with the new saw. Its a good one.

Store it in a cool, dry place. Heat and humidity are your enemy for longer-term saw storage. Pick up and read some literature on saw care, maintenance and operating techniques. Know when to call in a pro.

Hey Gypo I noticed from the last pic of your 08s that it must be nearing August there in Ontario_Only the keen eye of Rotax Robert would notice this.

Good Lord, Gyro

You have dug up the first post I ever made here. The more I think about that cottonwood the more scared I get. I cant believe I didnt take out my garage since that tree was about a 70 footer.

All I had was the Husky owners manual for guidance:D

Hi Huskyman, we all have those trees that we fondly remember that went the wrong way, but more often then not they do what we want. So far, I have whiped out 5 saws, two fences, one Toyota and several beehives, plus I have rocked out on myself at least 8 times, but hey, no problem, it comes with the territory.
I remember the first big stem that I cut in 81', my knees were knockin so hard, I knew it was do or die, well I'm still here after 22 years of continual work in the woods, interupted only by holidays, but it's always a picnic in the woods.
Frank's Planks

That was the amazing thing as this tree DID go where it was supposed to. It took about a 1 inch by inch corner of my garage and thats it.

I cut it when my wife wasnt home:D

Back