Husqvarna 550XP chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJJJ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 550XP with a 20” .050 3/8 bar but I am having a devil of a time finding a replacement bar and chain for it. I feel like the sprocket may be the issue as I grabbed an Oregon power match bar and chain but it doesn’t rotate well. The chain that works is a husqvarna chain marked K2 and it is definitely a low profile or Picco chain in fact the file to sharpen it well is less than 5/32 more like 1/8

If more info is needed I am happy to provide

Any help is much appreciated!!

Jonny

I have a 550XP with a 20” .050 3/8 bar but I am having a devil of a time finding a replacement bar and chain for it. I feel like the sprocket may be the issue as I grabbed an Oregon power match bar and chain but it doesn’t rotate well. The chain that works is a husqvarna chain marked K2 and it is definitely a low profile or Picco chain in fact the file to sharpen it well is less than 5/32 more like 1/8

If more info is needed I am happy to provide

Any help is much appreciated!!

Jonny
Also wondering if anyone has run a 24” bar with this saw… mine is ported

It’s definitely not a worn sprocket… I believe it’s a chain size difference. Also your original post does not encourage peeps to post their questions so perhaps your delivery could be more encouraging.

Picco/pixel/LowPro pick your poison as far as language goes

It’s definitely not a worn sprocket… I believe it’s a chain size difference. Also your original post does not encourage peeps to post their questions so perhaps your delivery could be more encouraging.

Picco/pixel/LowPro pick your poison as far as language goes
Turns out the 550 has a 325 sprocket not a 3/8… never would’ve bought it had I known.

I don’t see why that would be a deal breaker, it’s an excellent saw. Can be changed to 3/8 easy enough.
Not a deal breaker at all, i run a 24 inch 3/8 skip on it...cuts better than the .325 chain. It's a 5min change over!! Also says what chain pitch to use on that Lil info/Vin tag sticker right on the saw.

Latest posts

Back