Husqvarna 550xp reviews.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed! Despite the 550s attributes, I will always turn to my 346xp when reliability is a factor. The 346xp is slightly more rugged. The 550xp is more engineered. The power difference is very slight and hard to notice. My 550xpg had issues which were rectified under warranty. Bring yours back if you are not happy with it after a tank of fuel goes through it. If you like it when it is a tank old, you will adore it when it is a dozen tanks older and more mature!

There a bunch of 550 owners on this site, including myself, from what I can tell its about the best 50cc saw going. The 346 will always have a place in my shed. It will be interesting to see how well the 550 holds up, I have seen 10 year old used and abused 346's across my bench that are still in one piece and run excellent.
pite the 550xp

I have had two of these saws over a year and half using them ever day for professional tree care the first one lasted three months hard to start cylinder piston scored the second one lasted about nine months same thing hard to start scored cylinder piston and the piston ring broke in half my opinion not a good professional saw

I have had two of these saws over a year and half using them ever day for professional tree care the first one lasted three months hard to start cylinder piston scored the second one lasted about nine months same thing hard to start scored cylinder piston and the piston ring broke in half my opinion not a good professional saw

Your two saws averaged 9 months in an everyday use environment. That means mine will last 126 years.

Awesome purchase, keep the chain sharp and feed her non-e fuel at 50:1 or better. Ive never had an issue. Go to saw for everything except the heavy stuff.

Well my 550 has lasted over 2 years everyday use in my tree service. Very reliable and nimble saw. I did replace the filter with an oem flocked one... Pulls a 18 extremely well.

We have one on our lift truck, I should mention I work for Asplundh, but when we could get it to run, it ran decent. it never liked to start after it warmed up and you shut it off, but now you're lucky if it starts period. took the air filter out, it was letting dust through, cleaned it upossible and even cleaned the fins on the flywheel where it draws the air from. it will start on very rare occasions and it only runs until you take it off of high idle and it dies. we got the saw brand new and haven't used it much because it's not very reliable. we have a 372xp that we use all the time and it runs great, even swung a 36' bar with a surprisingly small amount of struggle. we still only use stihl trim saws though, the huskys don't seem to have much power. I'll be honest though, I've only been around the husqvarna saws for a little over a year now, before Asplundh I used stihl

Latest posts

Back