Husqvarna 550xp vs echo cs490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, the 590 will have less torque at the rpm that is interesting, as reflected in the hp numbers. ;)

If you would pull your nose out of those papers you're reading long enough to watch the vid, you would see that what you are saying is wrong. Who cares what "rpm is interesting". What we care about in the "real world" is how the saw cuts. It's hard for you to admit but Echo is doing it right...focusing more on torque than HP. Guys that actually get out of their house and cut wood know what puts the wood on the ground.

I realize you are a puppet for Husqvarna but I've got to give credit where credit is due. You have probably helped to sell more Echo's than any other single person on this site. When you spew the same old crap, over and over, it gets people fired up...and it keeps Echo's name at the top of the page:).

Some out of date info for what it's worth.

I have a Shindawa 488 that runs like a scalded ape. Shin and Echo merged many years ago and if Echo has any of Shins DNA in their engines, I would not hesitate to buy one. That 488 cuts like a light saber.

I also have a Poulan Pro (made by husky) which gets a bad rap but my particular one has given me years of reliable service.

People will hem and haw about cc, hp, weight, power to weight ratio, dollar to cc ratio, etc etc. Pick a saw that feels good and treat it right.

Some out of date info for what it's worth.

I have a Shindawa 488 that runs like a scalded ape. Shin and Echo merged many years ago and if Echo has any of Shins DNA in their engines, I would not hesitate to buy one. That 488 cuts like a light saber.

I also have a Poulan Pro (made by husky) which gets a bad rap but my particular one has given me years of reliable service.

People will hem and haw about cc, hp, weight, power to weight ratio, dollar to cc ratio, etc etc. Pick a saw that feels good and treat it right.

SawTroll will be along very shortly to point out your flawed thinking. I think he only kind of hated Shindaiwa. But since the merger, he's a full on hater of both.

Again, the 590 will have less torque at the rpm that is interesting, as reflected in the hp numbers. ;)

The fact is that high RPM saws give up lower RPM torque to get that extra RPM and end up with a narrow power band and fall on there face fast soon as . the RPM get just a little lower than peak HP rpm. Steve

The only way I'd pay attention to specs on paper is if they printed a graph showing rpm, hp, torque. Without all three I don't think you can draw many conclusions.

I suspect it isn't a coincidence that "team" became active on several chainsaw forums at pretty much the same time - and the argumentation always seem to be the same lame one...:D

It really is both tragic and funny! :laugh:

Keep up the good work Troll. You're the frontrunner for Echo Salesman of The Year.

The fact is that high RPM saws give up lower RPM torque to get that extra RPM and end up with a narrow power band and fall on there face fast soon as . the RPM get just a little lower than peak HP rpm. Steve

That no doubt is the case some times, more often with ported saws than with stock ones - to a degree it is a tradeoff.

However, I see no point with a saw that doesn't have a decent top end - and that is possible without creating a really narrow power band.

However, I see no point with a saw that doesn't have a decent top end - and that is possible without creating a really narrow power band.

Fair enough...I'm all for allowing everyone their opinions even if I don't agree with them. But, for years, you have went out of your way to trash talk pretty much everything but your pet brand. Is it that hard to admit that Stihl, Husky, Dolmar, and Echo (and others) make some really fine PRO equipment?

In all honesty Troll, you have some good input on this site but it is oftentimes overshadowed by your obsession with downing all brands except your own. To the point where it appears you have some sort of personal connection with Husqvarna.

Fair enough...I'm all for allowing everyone their opinions even if I don't agree with them. But, for years, you have went out of your way to trash talk pretty much everything but your pet brand. Is it that hard to admit that Stihl, Husky, Dolmar, and Echo (and others) make some really fine PRO equipment?

In all honesty Troll, you have some good input on this site but it is oftentimes overshadowed by your obsession with downing all brands except your own. To the point where it appears you have some sort of personal connection with Husqvarna.

You're wrong, ST said good things about many Dolmar saws, and a few Stihl's over the years. He actually own a 361 and his "beloved witchy" was a Dolly 5100 I think (or a 5105?)

You're wrong, ST said good things about many Dolmar saws, and a few Stihl's over the years. He actually own a 361 and his "beloved witchy" was a Dolly 5100 I think (or a 5105?)

What a surprise...I'm wrong. And another surprise...only your opinion matters. Must be a leftist thing.

Latest posts

Back