Husqvarna 592xp vs 395xp timed cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the 592xp it is a side tensioner integral to the clutch cover. On the 395xp the tensioner is integral to the case, adjusted from the front.
Ah ok…personally I prefer the case mounted ones, I struggle less when fitting longer bars. Clutch cover ones seem relatively flimsy to me but I expect that they are just as effective

Ah ok…personally I prefer the case mounted ones, I struggle less when fitting longer bars. Clutch cover ones seem relatively flimsy to me but I expect that they are just as effective
I actually like it as well. Don’t see why so many people complain about it. I like it because once you throw the bar and chain on, you can just slap the clutch cover on and start tightening it down when the chain is in any position. The only time I can see it being a problem is in a milling situation.

That's great to hear about this before getting my 395xp. Is it wrong I literally ordered that part before ordering the saw? :D

Anything else we should be aware of of the 395xp, be sure to let us all know guys. This might sound silly but I don't even care. Since I know this saw is going to last me so many years, as I'm only going to bring her to play a few times a month at most, just to tackle the occasional monster tree, I'm going to find a heavy duty plastic toolbox to store the power head in. If it lasts me for 20 years, then I'm going to keep it protected. All the other saws, ah, work em and toss 'em around until they burn up and replace 'em as always. Just this one getting the baby treatment lol just cus I know I'll have it so long with so few hours per year.

The 592 will definitely have the upper hand in terms of fuel economy, it’s a strato engine design with gen 3 autotune. But there’s no replacement for displacement, and you have to match the saw to the wood. A 562xp would outrun a 395xp in small wood. A 572xp could outrun a 395xp in medium wood. And a 592xp will edge out a 395xp in large-ish wood. But at some point the wood will get big enough that a 395xp will outrun all of them. It just has more grunt, and more potential to port/modify for gains.
Just slap a performance muffler on the 395, re-tune it and see the horses catch right up

I’m fixing to buy either the 395 or the 592 Saturday and the dealer seems to be pushing me toward the 592, but I like to tune my own saws.
I would stick with the 3 series, they will last you much longer. To me the new 5 series with auto tune, you "have" to take it to a dealer to do anything other than the basics. There seem to be lots for sale s/h so ask yourself why. And 3 series are holding their prices and getting sort after saws, again why! A lot are realising auto tune is ok when it's going but get any problem and you can forget your screw driver and get your wallet out.

Hope you like that front tensioner on the 395XP. The 395 is basically a 2 series saw with a 3 series cylinder made for it :cry: .
I don’t mind the front tensioner. Had to pull out the 395 a few days ago for 2 trees with over 4 ft diameter. Made quick work of them. The saw always runs and tunes beautifully.

The tensioner has never been the balancing act everyone makes it out to be. With the saw on the tailgate, just reach around the bar with a driver and tighten her up.

2 series saws are like naturally aspirated V8’s. Get it while you can.

I don’t mind the front tensioner. Had to pull out the 395 a few days ago for 2 trees with over 4 ft diameter. Made quick work of them. The saw always runs and tunes beautifully.

The tensioner has never been the balancing act everyone makes it out to be. With the saw on the tailgate, just reach around the bar with a driver and tighten her up.

2 series saws are like naturally aspirated V8’s. Get it while you can.
I know how they work, but I don't want to work like they do lol.
Wanna buy a 242xp :p, I've kept it around because it's a great runner, but I won't take it on most jobs, the 550mk1's or the 261 gets that place. They are way more efficient.

So they suck fuel like it's noones business, and vibrate the heck out of ya ;).

Back