Husqvarna 61 chainsaw oiler problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can someone help me out? Bar is not getting oil. After playing with it I've discovered bar oil is coming out of small hole just below where it's supposed to be. I have no idea why this hole is there. I've taken oiler apart and cleaned it. There is some oil getting in between the rails, but very little.

"just below where it is supposed to be"
What does this mean? It probably makes sense to you but not to me. I could see what you are talking about if you could take a picture and point out this "extra" hole. Mike

I believe the hole your referring to is the oil tank vent. I've actually got one on the bench right now doing the same thing. I have a used oiler on the way to see if it fixes it. I will report back if it does.

I would appreciate knowing your outcome. I need to figure out putting pictures on here. Thought it might not make sense without it. Thanks

pictures can be a pain

sometimes make you feel like this:

It is easier to upload your pics to photobucket(free) and then post the file into the text of your post, Like this

[img]http://homepage.tinet.ie/~gatekeeper/holly.jpg

On the oiler. If the teeth on the worm gear and oiler shaft are good, it is most likely the rubber seals, that seal the oiler tube to the oil tank, leaking and not allowing pressure build up.
I just had my 61 apart and cleaned all that out and could see if that rubber isn't sealing that oiler isn't going to work properly.

Back