Husqvarna 61 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mashmash

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the site and hopefully this is the right place for this question. I recently picked up an older husqvarna 61 (1989.. I think). It runs great, but I'm having an issue with the chain brake. While cutting with the saw, the chain brake is constantly engaging because the handle is hitting some type of adjuster or something connected to the brake(see the circled in red part of the picture below). I'm not sure if the handle has too much flex from old bushings, or what exactly this little assembly for the chain brake is for. Please let me know what it is and how I can resolve this issue. Thanks
1668811691873.png

It's a nice saw, not the quickest but a good steady saw. You can adjust this by screwing in but also check your not pushing too hard! If your chain is sharp it will cut with hardly any pressure from you, also check rubber mounts. They are probably originals which isn't always a bad thing, I have had old mounts that are better than cheap imports so if you do replace them beware of what your buying, original maybe a better option.
I just noticed the date you posted, dont know why it came up as new for me. Hope its sorted by now

Back