husqvarna 61 what mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markaf

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have an older model 61 and it is worn out. It runs pretty good but doesnt have much power anymore. I am thinking to pull it apart and rebuild it. I am wanting to put another cylinder and piston kit in it and maybe a new carb. I also want to do some power adding mods to this saw. My questions are what mods to do to this saw and what brand of parts to use for my build and where to get them? Thanks alot

Hello everyone. I have an older model 61 and it is worn out. It runs pretty good but doesnt have much power anymore. I am thinking to pull it apart and rebuild it. I am wanting to put another cylinder and piston kit in it and maybe a new carb. I also want to do some power adding mods to this saw. My questions are what mods to do to this saw and what brand of parts to use for my build and where to get them? Thanks alot

Did you pull the muffler to check the condition of the piston/cylinder? What color is the top cover on your saw?

didnt pull the muffler yet but this saw is well used. I know the history of it. The top plastic cover is white.

Do the 272 conversion. I did it to the 61 I have and wish I would have done it years prior. Even took my first shot at porting when I did mine and it runs pretty good for what I need it to do which is cutting firewood.

I used the NWP piston and cylinder and also bought a 272 carb from baileys. I also needed the carb intake, carb bolts and associated gaskets.

Do the 272 conversion. I did it to the 61 I have and wish I would have done it years prior. Even took my first shot at porting when I did mine and it runs pretty good for what I need it to do which is cutting firewood.

I used the NWP piston and cylinder and also bought a 272 carb from baileys. I also needed the carb intake, carb bolts and associated gaskets.

Yes thats what im leaning towards now. Did you have to change the top cover or mod yours? Where is baileys? Is that an online parts site or what?

Thanks, Mark

Back