Husqvarna 66 worth fixin'?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you do a carb kit? I always pull the carbs and intake on them as they always need it. Make sure you order new gaskets too, I'm sure it can use them.

I figured I'd rebuild the carb as soon as I knew it could burn any fuel that made it to the cylinder. Just can't figure out why squirting fuel directly in there or in the carb won't fire.

I figured I'd rebuild the carb as soon as I knew it could burn any fuel that made it to the cylinder. Just can't figure out why squirting fuel directly in there or in the carb won't fire.
Sometimes it's just not as easy as that... A "squirt" of fuel can easily make it so rich it will flood. My 61/272 loves to be pretty picky about that... Pull the cyl, see what jug you have clean it up delete the base gasket, get the carb rebuilt and try going from there.

So I cleaned it up a bit and checked all the connections. I now have spark when the plug is pulled but it's apparently not firing when it's in, is all I can guess? I squirted a little fuel in the cylinder and put the plug in and pulled away. Nothing. Only thing I can thing of is possibly a broken plug wire?

i've seen ignition systems that would work with a spark tester or spark plug out of the cylinder, but not with compression. check the electrode gap, probably ought to be .20" which isn't on most gauges. you may need a new module, probably the big one by the flywheel. it happens with this saw. also, instead of squirting fuel in the cylinder, try a few drops of mix in the carb. you may have flooded it, easy to do with a weak ignition. this saw is going to light up. it's worth the trouble.

Latest posts

Back