Husqvarna brown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t know of anything the remove the discoloration but Krylon makes a spray paint specifically for plastic, works great.

Don’t know of anything the remove the discoloration but Krylon makes a spray paint specifically for plastic, works great.

The "Pumpkin" Krylon Fusion is remarkably close to Husky orange shades and bonds to plastic very well. Minimum prep compared to taking the fade all the way down. Degrease and lightly buff / sand / scour. Use good spray painting techniques of multiple very light coats and results are good.

The "Pumpkin" Krylon Fusion is remarkably close to Husky orange shades and bonds to plastic very well. Minimum prep compared to taking the fade all the way down. Degrease and lightly buff / sand / scour. Use good spray painting techniques of multiple very light coats and results are good.
Any clues as to where I could find this paint?

Well, I ended up buying some paint but it wasn't Krylon, it was an implement enamel at Rural King called "Town and Country" but it was bright orange like Husqvarna. I didn't have anything on my saw to compare the paint to since mine is multi-colored but I think it's gonna be okay. I noticed it is a slow drying paint so I heated up a part with a heat gun before I painted it and it turned out pretty good.
I don't know why I'm worrying about paint when the saw is gonna need a complete tear down and some new parts like bearings, seals, and maybe a set of rings..

I had one of my old Partners plastic top covers in the sink a few years ago. I was just scrubbing it out good with some Dawn and a brush very greasy inside. Anyway I had a piece of 600 grit wet dry sandpaper close by and running water so I figured I would try some sanding. The yellow cover was almost white and kind of crusty dry ya know what I mean? I did some sanding and man what a difference I bet it went back to 85% of the color it was meant to be when new. When I was all done I had some clear coat in a spray can and I dusted it over several times . It still looks good today that was about 4 years ago.

Back