Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just buy the viton sealed ones and pluck the seals out. In fact I think I left the seal on the outside, just for a little extra sealing.

I just got two 6202 C3 bearings for less than $4 total, free shipping :dizzy:

I just got two 6202 C3 bearings for less than $4 total, free shipping :dizzy:

Unreal aint it?

I can get them from Motion industries as well but they never seem to stock them local so they have to order from Chicago and then want me to pay to have them shipped to them! At least if you want them within a week or two.

They will drop ship them to the house at least, but a couple brgs still end up costing too much.

Just thought I'd post up a saw that I have, I don't hear much about these on here. I know it doesn't say XP on it, but its a mag case, air injection, adjustable oiler, all the stuff you'd expect on a pro saw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just thought I'd post up a saw that I have, I don't hear much about these on here. I know it doesn't say XP on it, but its a mag case, air injection, adjustable oiler, all the stuff you'd expect on a pro saw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lots of them 257`s used down this way, in smaller wood like we have here . They are plenty good saws for firewooding and felling pulp.

Pioneerguy600

Husky 257

Looks good to me. BIL has one just like it, put up alot of firewood with it that's for sure.

Speaking of Husky I used my 154/254 that I rebuilt to cut down and buck up 35 5-6" poplars into 20" lengths.
Wow! What a fast lil saw and feels great in your hands.
I swear the woman I did the job for was having an orgasm just watching lol

The job took me 1hr 45 minutes, 3 beers and three cigarettes and 2 tanks of gas. I hit a nail but amazingly the 72LG hardly felt it and was back to normal after the "90 second tickle".
John

Speaking of Husky I used my 154/254 that I rebuilt to cut down and buck up 35 5-6" poplars into 20" lengths.
Wow! What a fast lil saw and feels great in your hands.

The job took me 1hr 45 minutes, 3 beers and three cigarettes and 2 tanks of gas. I hit a nail but amazingly the 72LG hardly felt it and was back to normal after the "90 second tickle".
John

You sure it didn't go something like this John? I'll cut and past your words.

woman hardly felt it and was back to normal after the "90 second tickle".

You sure it didn't go something like this John? I'll cut and past your words.

Lol, she said she was so broke she was thinking of becoming a hooker! lol
Do you think she was hitting on me? Or just trying to get out of paying by doing the "bait and switch?" Lol
John

Last edited:
My guess, is she didn't want to pay!!
Lol, she is a native woman and as everyone knows it was the natives that put the original curse upon me which is well nigh impossible for me to hand it back.
Regardless, it's been a good slice.
Shirley was directing me to stems she wanted dumped that were blocking her view to Spruce Mtn.
Anyway, we were standing along the road and she saw a miner she wanted to dig gold for her driving down the road. Shirley ran after him and I followed running behind wielding the 154 in the air behind her. The miner has since been spreading rumours, cause he saw me in his rear view mirror. Shirley is none the wiser. Lol
Gypo

Lol, she is a native woman and as everyone knows it was the natives that put the original curse upon me which is well nigh impossible for me to hand it back.
Regardless, it's been a good slice.
Shirley was directing me to stems she wanted dumped that were blocking her view to Spruce Mtn.
Anyway, we were standing along the road and she saw a miner she wanted to dig gold for her driving down the road. Shirley ran after him and I followed running behind wielding the 154 in the air behind her. The miner has since been spreading rumours, cause he saw me in his rear view mirror. Shirley is none the wiser. Lol
Gypo

ha ha ha ha. You got some interesting stories!

I think women are just excited to see manley men doing manley work with a world so full of pretty boy desk jockeys
They seem to get off on it which makes us seem to work faster. It's more fun that way. It's their recommendation that puts the bacon on the table. I think woman are better customers than men sometimes. Men are good customers when you can tell them nicely why their saws won't cut. They are all ears.
John

ha ha ha ha. You got some interesting stories!
Shirley's actually a good customer and is the only living survivor from Discovery City on Spruce Creek. She owes me 240 bucks and wanted to trade me a severely rocked out Muckaluck homeowner saw. I just told her, "if it was meant to be rode, it would come with a saddle." lol
Regardless, I'm her woodman. Lol
John

I am nearing the rebuild phase of my 65. As such I am still acquiring a few odds and ends for it. I have a sprocket question. The saw has a very worn 7 tooth 3/8 rim on it. When I redid my Jonsereds 70E (similar era and size I believe) they guys on Jred thread said to go with an 8 tooth 3/8 setup.

Any advice on the Husky 65, 7 or 8 ?

I am nearing the rebuild phase of my 65. As such I am still acquiring a few odds and ends for it. I have a sprocket question. The saw has a very worn 7 tooth 3/8 rim on it. When I redid my Jonsereds 70E (similar era and size I believe) they guys on Jred thread said to go with an 8 tooth 3/8 setup.

Any advice on the Husky 65, 7 or 8 ?

7 tooth and forget about it.

Latest posts

Back