Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bearing s and seals

After I press the crank out what is the best way to get the seals out. I also think I should replace the bearings too since I'm in here. They don't feel right anyway. I am assuming I can press the bearings out on the arbor as well and bearings should be easy to find I would think.

Getting closer to the rebuild now! :)

Go to an autobody repair shop, they usually have them, they may do a quick little job like that.

I heat the case around the bearing then tap the end of the crank, or put it in a press.

Yep, I just warm it up around the brg from the outside with a propane torch, and they just fall out.

When reinstalling, I put the fw side brg on the crank and then warm the case up again with the torch and then slip the crank and all in that side. I then warm the PTO side of the case up and slip that brg in that side. I then start the crank in the pto side brg and use a spacer and washers with the clutch to pull the crank into that PTO side brg. Piece of cake.

After I press the crank out what is the best way to get the seals out. I also think I should replace the bearings too since I'm in here. They don't feel right anyway. I am assuming I can press the bearings out on the arbor as well and bearings should be easy to find I would think.

Getting closer to the rebuild now! :)

6202-C3 brgs if I remember right. You will proably need a brg seperator to remove the old ones from the crank.

6202-C3 brgs if I remember right. You will proably need a brg seperator to remove the old ones from the crank.

Yes, bearings say 6202 on them. The PTO side bearing stayed in the case when I split it.

What is the best way to get the oil seal out?

Why does parrisw's avatar say banned?

OH ha ha. Forgot about that part. Well, not sure how they are on the 65, but with the case apart cant you just tap them out from the inside? When the saw is together I just pry them out with a small screwdriver.

okay, got it. Thanks and good night

Mark you were right. I pressed the crank out of the PTO side and the bearing stayed on the crank. I have a universal puller with three legs. Will that work to put the three lips on the bearing and pull it off the crank?

And when you say 6202-C3 do you mean 6202 is the size and C3 is short ber ABEC-3 for tolerances? I found ABEC-1 bearings right away but they are looser if I recall the ABEC scale...

Last edited:
Mark you were right. I pressed the crank out of the PTO side and the bearing stayed on the crank. I have a universal puller with three legs. Will that work to put the three lips on the bearing and pull it off the crank?

And when you say 6202-C3 do you mean 6202 is the size and C3 is short ber ABEC-3 for tolerances? I found ABEC-1 bearings right away but they are looser if I recall the ABEC scale...

If your puller legs will fit under the brg all the way around then go ahead, but I don't think they will.

Yes the c3 brgs are supposed to be the best ones. I found them cheap on ebay.

If your puller legs will fit under the brg all the way around then go ahead, but I don't think they will.

You're right, they won't. There is only about 30 thousandths between the counter weight and the bearing. Guess I will have to find a separator.

attachment.php

I pried and tapped out all the seals and bearings from the case halves then cleaned them up with Simple Green (holy :censored: does that stuff work good). The inside of the fuel and oil reservoir look nasty with loose paint and some sort of glue or something. Would it be a bad thing to bead blast the loose stuff out of there?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brian, I have a cheap small seperator from harbor freight I think and I ground down the inner lips real thin with a grinder for taking those brgs off. Most the time just bolting down the seperator will get those brgs moving.

The inside of my tank looked quite like that but not quite as bad. I used a little cup brush on a dremel to clean it all up.

Brian, I have a cheap small seperator from harbor freight I think and I ground down the inner lips real thin with a grinder for taking those brgs off. Most the time just bolting down the seperator will get those brgs moving.

The inside of my tank looked quite like that but not quite as bad. I used a little cup brush on a dremel to clean it all up.

I tried my cup brush and dremel, doesn't even phase it!

My father thinks if I heat up the bearing real fast with the propane/oxy torch it might just fall right off the crank. He also thought if I just tap between the weight and the bearing with a chisel it might move over?

thoughts?

I tried my cup brush and dremel, doesn't even phase it!

My father thinks if I heat up the bearing real fast with the propane/oxy torch it might just fall right off the crank. He also thought if I just tap between the weight and the bearing with a chisel it might move over?

thoughts?

Maybe 2 really small chisels right across from each other. There not that tight a press fit. Just be carefull. I tap em back on with a socket, but make sure you hold the near side crank counter weight with your off hand.

Latest posts

Back