Husqvarna - convince me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, grab a 390, 394,395. That 572 will wake up. Why would he want that, except to collect.
Just a suggestion, they do cut wood too. Its an interesting development in Husqvarna design kinda like the modern stuff they putting out now . The perspective of time has alot to do with it, but at the time it was a good saw.

Around 1980 I got a 028 Stihl I ran it for about 8 years . I seen a old man running these little Husqvarna and he was cutting vast amount of firewood very fast . He could really sharpen a chain fast razzer sharp an tune them . I think it was a 42 practica saw . I went an bought a 50 in 1988 and never look back . I could never kept the muffler on the 028 .

What are you planning on doing with the saw? What length of bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s just a saw that comes to work and does my 20” bar work, kind of instead of a ms261. I use it between my Dolmar ps52 and MS500i, often stumping up if it’s big enough and occasionally up in the tree after the Ms200t has run out of bar. Don’t get me wrong I do like it...it’s just not amazing. It’s reliable, smooth and does the work of a ms261 nicely. Mtronic has been fine so far except one thing...module replacement https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/2017-ms362c-module-replacement.336845/

If interesting saws were not limited to "new" I might suggest the L77 . Its affectionately referred to as the "Great Pumpkin " by old guys around here.
For a vintage saw they pull a 24" full comp .404 pretty nice.
Had One ,like its younger brother the 480cd,torque tt

I'd echo a few here. I've owned a 562xp since 2012. It's amazing for its size. I also own a ported 359 husqy. The 562xp out runs it in stock form. I own both a 390, amd 394xp (395 top end) I tend to use the 390 a good bit more, then the 394 (before the 394 wore out) beastly saws, both. But Doesnt kill you to run the 390xp all day.

For a lighter-weight saw, OP might consider the Husky 353 if he can find one that is available. That's not an easy thing to do because owners that have them usually won't give them up. That includes me:
Husqvarna 353.jpg
This is my go-to saw for firewood, and I have a pair of Stihl 026 PROs on hand just in case.

For a lighter-weight saw, OP might consider the Husky 353 if he can find one that is available. That's not an easy thing to do because owners that have them usually won't give them up. That includes me:
View attachment 859189
This is my go-to saw for firewood, and I have a pair of Stihl 026 PROs on hand just in case.
I am going to wait for any of the recommended Husqvarna saws (that need some work) to come up for sale in the UK...then I will pounce.
At the same time, I’m trying to control my CAD:dumb:
Thanks for the recommendation

Had One ,like its younger brother the 480cd,torque tt

I had a new 480cd I picked up that the PO never broke in. It was sluggish. I recently picked up a lightly used 480 that’s a screamer, go figure. Every saw I pick up my son uses and rates them. The 365 xt and 570 seem to be his go to saws today.

My fave saws are Ms200t, MS500i and 084 and my little Dolmar PS52. I also intend to buy this saw and see how it is: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114432001922
I’m up for a Jonsered for sure but they are rare as hens teeth over here in the UK

I would add an MS361 to your stable to round it out. You already have the creme de la creme. The MS500i remains as yet unproven here, but the power to weight ratio cannot be beat. 1.24 kg/kW

Unbiased here, own Echo Stihl and Husqvarna and all run great but when you start doing routine maintenance like blowing out air filters......you realize Husqvarna knows something.

You woln't be disappointed in a 268XP/272XP if you can find one in good shape. The 372XP's are probably more available due to being a newer design. The power between all three of those isn't that far off, and all of them will run a 20" bar with full chisel chain with great authority. I have all of those models available to me here for decades now and at times it's difficult to tell which one you are running although the 372XP has better anti-vibe and ergonomics. We cut mostly tops left over from logging operations so seldom in really big wood and the older I get the more my 50-60cc saws get used.

You'll see some folks put some pretty long bars on 372XP's, but here on the East Coast in hardwood I stop at 24" for any of the saws mentioned above........Cliff

Latest posts

Back