Husqvarna Sold to John Deere!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
I was told today, by a very good source (inside source) that Husky was sold to John Deere! Thought you might be interested. If you notice all the small JD stores are going away as they are not renewing dealers. They only want stores with multiple dealerships or very large dealers. It could be a few years, but it could happen with the Husky dealers on a trickle down effect. FYI

hmmm, interesting. I'm going to ask a few of the contacts I have in sweden about this.

Hmmm....orange and green saws...
38818988-M.gif

If you do a Google search with Husky and John Deere, it comes up with the X Pres of JD taking over Husky Injection Molding, but thats not the chainsaw people. Guess we will have to wait and see...Bob

Electrolux is a company that expands through aquisition, and I would be surprised if they would sell anything at all that wasn't a complete dog on the books.

I have a John Deere tractor dealer nearby that also sells Husky saws. I'll stop by and see what they know. If anything.

This seems unlikely. JD already has a line of saws and E-lux has really capitalized on the Husky franchise. Parents bought an orange walk-begind mower this year...with a Honda engine! :confused: Well, now that I think about it, anything is possible.

Darin said:
This is true, but JD has huge bucks. They should have got rid of poulan instead.
Somehow, I dont think they'd do that, since Poulan sells better with homeowners than ANY saw brand I know of.

Crap like this comes up all the time. Remember the big rumor that Ford bought Cummins and was going to start using their motors? I'll believe it when I see it.

I kinda think this husky being sold to JD deal is not true, since I cant find anything on it, and I havent heard anything more on it. theres a lot of speculation, but no hard proof.

Crap like this comes up all the time. Remember the big rumor that Ford bought Cummins and was going to start using their motors? I'll believe it when I see it
Ford did buy a nice chunk of cummins stock and they do, to this day use Cummins engines in 450 series and up trucks. If thats not a testiment to the powerchoke being a roach, I do not know what is.

BUT, ford no longer owns that cummins stock, though the Cummins IS an option in the larger commercial duty F series trucks.

Since they are publicly traded companies, they are required to disclose such deals pretty early in the process. If anything has actually been signed, we'd ALL know about it.

Latest posts

Back