Husqvarna Sold to John Deere!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electrolux bought Frigidaire and has put out some news reports stating it wants to concentrate on the white goods product line (house hold goods like refrigerators). The chain saw product line was referenced as being one of the product lines that did not fit into the overall company vision, but I don't have any info saying it was sold.

Oregon Engineer said:
....The chain saw product line was referenced as being one of the product lines that did not fit into the overall company vision, but I don't have any info saying it was sold.
One rumor I have read is that they were going to restructure and place all their chainsaw and related products companies under Husky (HVA) leadership and and make it more independant of E-lux's main activities. Nothing about sale in that rumor, but who the :censored: knows........

twistedtree said:
More myths and wives tales.

I wouldn't believe ANYTHING that a sales rep says.

Heyyy, don't be so hard on them. They only lie when their lips move! :taped:

:D

a guy down the street used to own a husky chainsaw so I asked him for the inside scoop on this deal with JD and he told me that the truth is Walmart bought Husky and they're replacing the current line of gas saws with a new line of red and light blue saws under the husky name, but they're all electric now. I can't wait to get my 395 walmart special with optional retractable power cord and snap on "big bar".

They should have got rid of poulan instead

Oh thats a cute one enstine since some . Of husquvarna saws are rebadged poluans,

I sure hope to :censored: JD didnt buy husquvarna, They ran homelite into the ground when they aquired it ,

C&KLawncare said:
Oh thats a cute one enstine since some . Of husquvarna saws are rebadged poluans,

I sure hope to :censored: JD didnt buy husquvarna, They ran homelite into the ground when they aquired it ,

Einstein - a man of uncommon intelligence... :spam:

If this turns out to be true, keep in mind that it would also screw up Jonsered since they are all built by the same people in the same building.

SawTroll said:
One rumor I have read is that they were going to restructure and place all their chainsaw and related products companies under Husky (HVA) leadership and and make it more independant of E-lux's main activities. Nothing about sale in that rumor, but who the :censored: knows........
It's more than a rumour, Electrolux has said right out that they will try to put Husqvarna on the stock exchange next spring (2006) as an independent company, where Electrolux shareholders initially will own a majority of the shares. This is official information, Electrolux has to make that kind of information public. Eventually, that might mean that someone else will buy Husqvarna, but in the short run it will mean more independence for Husqvarna, which could be a good thing.

A reference, in Swedish unfortunately :
http://www.affarsvarlden.se/art/118301

In short : the new company will probably be lead by Bengt Andersson, who has been at Husqvarna since 1979. There will be no more closed factories in Europe. There will not be any factories in China in the foreseeable future, the know-how doesn't exist there for professional products and Husqvarna say there is a risk of having products copied. No plans to move production to low-cost countries. Production of some consumer products will move from Europe to US/Brazil though, as Husqvarna will increase production in USA and Brazil. Both professional and consumer products are making good profit.

I never knew that Husky had a factory in Brazil.

It makes sense though, and I guess that is where most of the older model Huskys (268, 61, 51, 254xp, 257, 262xp, 281xp etc) that still are sold on the world market, mostly in third world countries + Israel, are made.

Or am I wrong again???? :confused:

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
I never new that Husky had a factory in Brazil.

It makes sense though, and I guess that is where most of the older model Huskys (268, 61, 51, 254xp, 257, 262xp, 281xp etc) that still are sold on the world market, mostly in third world countries + Israel, are made.

Or am I wrong again???? :confused:
I have no idea, tried to google some, but found no information.

But apparently Electrolux has produced vacuum cleaners, and indoor appliances in Brazil for years, could be that some outdoor equipment (not necessarily chainsaws) have been made there too. Brazil of course has a huge forest industry, so it could make some sense to produce older cheaper (but still HQ) models there I guess.

mktest said:
It's more than a rumour, Electrolux has said right out that they will try to put Husqvarna on the stock exchange next spring (2006) as an independent company, where Electrolux shareholders initially will own a majority of the shares. This is official information, Electrolux has to make that kind of information public. Eventually, that might mean that someone else will buy Husqvarna,

Yes, that's generally a very good predictor of a sale in the near future. Or at least a desire to unload that part of the company on SOMEONE. However, PLANNING to sell to ... someone.... is not the same thing as "Deere bought Husky". THAT still remains a (not very credible) rumor.

If they were already in talks with Deere (or anyone else), they probably would not bother to spin it off as a separate company. If they have a willing buyer now, that step is not necessary. The spin off is a preparation for putting it on the auction block to highest bidder.

C&KLawncare said:

I heard an interesting story on that one. Apparently they put some Homelite into California that was not CARB approved. The CARB boys got wind of it and demanded the offending product be recalled but of course the box stores don't keep cash customer records. J-D offered to pay a fine but that was not good enough so they put Homelite in bankruptcy and sold the carcass to offshore interests.

Latest posts

Back