Husqvarna xp warranty for non commercial users?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've had 1 dealer tell me it's 6 months and I can't extend my warranty at all buying the fuel or oil 6 pack.

Dealer 2 told me 2 years and I can extend it to 4 years

The saw in question is a 550xp

Also nether dealer wanted to participate in the current promotion for a free hat free 4 year warranty and 3 fuels

Also I have to add I'm a very ocational user cut a few trees a year only and I've told the dealer this said didn't matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had 1 dealer tell me it's 6 months and I can't extend my warranty at all buying the fuel or oil 6 pack.

Oil gets an additional year (3 total). Premix fuel adds 2 (4 total).
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/extended-warranty-program/

Also nether dealer wanted to participate in the current promotion for a free hat free 4 year warranty and 3 fuels
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/offers/fall-husqvarna-days/

Also I have to add I'm a very ocational user cut a few trees a year only and I've told the dealer this said didn't matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dealer told me that all XP models are covered under the commercial warranty clause regardless of who buys the unit

Pretty cut and dry on the wording.

Effective February 1, 2013, consumers who purchase two-stroke gasoline powered Husqvarna branded handheld products, including: chainsaws, blowers, hedge trimmers, pole saws and trimmers, for non-income producing personal use or household purposes, excluding commercial, agricultural, retail, industrial and rental usage types, can extend their product warranty from the standard 2 years to either a 3 year or 4 year limited warranty.

240, 240e, 435, 440, 440e, 445, 450e, 450, 545, 455 Rancher, 455 AutoTune, 455e, 460 Rancher, 365, 365W, 555, 346XP, 346XP TrioBrake, 346XPG, 543XP, 550XP TrioBrake, 550XP, 550XPG, 562XP AutoTune, 562XPG, 562XPW, 562XPGW, 372XP, 372XPG, 372XPGW, 372XPW, 576XP, 576XPG, 576XPGW, 576XPW, 576XP AutoTune, 576XPW AutoTune, 390XP, 390XPG, 390XPW, 395XP, 395XPG, 395XPW, 3120XP, 338XPT, T435, T540

Copied from the "whats eligible" in chainsaws for extended warranty. Think that covers all models available.

Warranty is only as good as your Dealer in most cases.

Troof!

My Husqvarna OPE Dealer offered the doubling of the warranty on the Pole Pruner I bought in February with the purchase of three cans of premix. This was even after he gave me a 20% discount off of MSRP.

He also only charges me his cost on parts, and will just throw them on his order if he doesn't have them in stock.

Well, if you don't get a free hat, I'd buy an Echo or Dolmar.
You can avoid the warranty dilemma by never buying new.
I've read too many horror stories on ways the OPE warranty is voided.

Warranty is only as good as your Dealer in most cases.
Unfortunately to many dealers (not just chainsaw and any brand) only care on how to save a single cent over customer support or even return customers.
This is why I am such a big advocate on patronizing good dealers even if it may cost a bit more.

Howdy,
What it will all boil down to if you need a warranty is how you filled out the registration. If you put down anything besides your personal name, you're going to get commercial coverage.
Regards
Gregg

They take your money to extend the warranty and then deny you because of bad fuel when something blows up. Smart marketing

Yep. First words out of a dealer's mouth when bringing in something for warranty. Just had it happen to 2 echo handhelds that were a month old. I filled up at 3 different stations to rule out a fuel issue even though my 2 year old blower ran fine on the fuel that was dumped into it from the other handhelds.

Pretty cut and dry on the wording.

Effective February 1, 2013, consumers who purchase two-stroke gasoline powered Husqvarna branded handheld products, including: chainsaws, blowers, hedge trimmers, pole saws and trimmers, for non-income producing personal use or household purposes, excluding commercial, agricultural, retail, industrial and rental usage types, can extend their product warranty from the standard 2 years to either a 3 year or 4 year limited warranty.

That rules out the XP line

Back